eight

sweet serial killer (i guess i'll see him over)
do it for the thrill of the rush
love you just a little too much
▪︎▪︎▪︎

it's the day of one busy and exhausting week, where people are allowed to take rest from their tight and monotonous schedule only to complain about it being limited to just twenty four hours, on the following six days.

the noon's daylight peeking through the slit drapes of curtains dimmed soobin's long sleep as he rubbed his eyes meekly. allowing his eyes to adjust with the illuminated room, he groaned softly while glancing at the clock.

he used to be a morning bird before but things aren't same anymore. now, he always finds himself waking up at noon after a long dead sleep. and almost every morning, he can't give yeonjun a goodbye hug as yeonjun has to wake up early in the morning for his busy profession, sometimes he has to be in the hospital all night because of the helplessly dying patients in emergency ward.

his eyes wandered around the room, seeing yeonjun nowhere.

he already woke up, he thought before getting up to do his morning routine.

and just like what he expected, yeonjun was in the living room with his body slumped down into the comfortable sofa and his eyes were almost closed in drowsiness.

as soon as soobin hopped on another sofa quietly and gingerly to not cause any disturbance, yeonjun's eyes slightly opened. covering his mouth with his hand, he stifled a yawn.

"good morning." yeonjun greeted, stretching his arms and cracking his knuckles.

"good afternoon. you look like you didn't sleep the rest of the night." the lad replied, his hand lingering around the tea table to grab the remote.

"insomnia, you know." yeonjun answered shortly before adding, "breakfast? go eat first."

"you did?" soobin asked and he nodded.

"i'll have lunch then." he pouted as he had to dismiss the thought of having his breakfast with his lover boy.

his hand played with the remote for a while out of boredom before his thumb finally pressing the 'on' button to switch on the tv. he kept changing the channels for something interesting to watch until the news channel caught his complete attention and he found his heart beating unsteadily.

the headlines in red; daegu serial killing, was both eye-catching and shocking.

a dead body has been found near the infamous temple of daegu, donghwasa at six o'clock in the morning when an anonymous passerby stumbled on the corpse and reported it to the police. what more terrifying that will spawn fear among the public is, this is a brutal serial murder. a couple of weeks ago, police found another body inside of gyesan catholic church, that was killed in the same way and suspected it to be committed by a cold serial killer, but because of the lack of evidences, they came to a conclusion that it was done due to personal vengeance by someone who copied the style and pattern of the notorious seoul serial murder case which is yet to be solved. they hid the first recent serial murder of daegu from public which is beyond tragedy.

holding his breaths because of the biazzare news, he kept watching with his full attention and forgot yeonjun's presence.

yes, the notorious serial killing cold case that occurred three years ago where nine victims were killed brutally and mercilessly. it stopped after nine innocent lives and relief did wash over the public but they were also fuming for justices. the ruthless crime happened in the capital city of one of the safest countries in the world, yet the culprit is still not caught. it can be clearly seen that the same murderer is now, continuing his crime in daegu but not a single trance about the criminal has been found. investigations are going on, now we will hear from the main detective of the current investigation team, kang taehyun.