Thirteen

Two years later

"Tae, be careful how you hold him. Make sure you hold his neck and head steady."

Tae pushes Jin's hands away as he carries the baby.

"I know what I'm doing. I'm not a total dope you know."

Jin looks on anxiously and says, "I didn't say you were. But, O my God! You're giving me anxiety!"

He reaches out just as the baby's head slips lower from Tae's grasp.

Tae just chuckles and starts to hand him back to Jin.

"Thank you. You know Jimin would kill me if he was to see how you held his son just now. Your brother too."

Tae wraps his arms around him and they sit back comfortably on the sofa. Jin rocks the baby in his arms.

Jimin and Joonie were married more than a year ago and had a baby boy three months ago. They are out on their first date in months and asked Jin and Tae to babysit for them.

Jin can't believe how beautiful their baby is. He has been thinking about having his own baby lately. But Tae hasn't mentioned children anymore since they talked about their future one day. Jin explained that he would like to have at least 4-5 children and always dreamed of having a house full of kids.

Tae had seemed receptive to the idea and even joked about the fun they would have making them.

He used to ask Jin to marry him at least twice a year. But it's been a long while since the last time. He doesn't know if he should be worried if he's getting bored with him, just like Jungkook did.

But the difference between them is that Tae is constantly reaffirming his love for him and when he's not at work or with his brother he's with Jin.

He then turns to look at him and sees his huge smile. Jin's heart balloons up every time he sees that smile.

"What are you thinking about babe?" Tae asks.

Jin then says, "I was just thinking about having a baby."

Tae's eyes blow up wide and his mouth turns into an 'O'.

"My baby right?" He asks.

Jin nods and sees Tae smile even wider than before.

"I would love for you to have my kids sweetheart. I have been waiting for you to say so. I don't think we will need to have a big wedding. Unless that's something you want. Then we can start planning for it right away. Maybe just a few dozen people to keep the costs down. But then again, with your family and friends and then my family and.. well I don't have any friends. I guess it'll just leave Joonie.. and.."

"Whoa.. wait a minute.. I didn't say anything about getting married. And I wasn't asked either, that's beside the point.

Tae, we don't need to get married to have a baby. All the baby will need is two parents who love each other. And I do love you Tae.. isn't that enough?"

Tae felt like someone stabbed him right in the heart. And he was terribly hurt.

He thought that Jin had finally accepted him and they could get married and live happily ever after.

Now after listening to him talk about just wanting to have a child without the benefit of marriage. He came to the conclusion that Jin may not ever want to marry him.

He is so traumatized by his first marriage that he will probably never want to get married again.

He removes his arm from Jin's back and wipes his palms on his thighs. He needs some fresh air right now.