Introduction

I started writing this story in May of 2021, but it was in my head at least a year before that. At first I guess it was to prove that you can have a male protagonist and a female protagonist who don't get together, but it's so much more to me. In the face of rejection, heartbreak, ignorance, and indifference, of course there's character growth, but one thing never changes, throughout this whole story: Sky and Lillian would do anything for each other. Not even because they have to, by the end. Because they care.

Isn't that so crazy? In today's world most people only care about themselves, if even that. Yet the characters of this story fight for each other like it's second nature because they care. And I don't care of that seems unrealistic (which, to be fair, it totally does), because that's what I wanna write.

In conclusion, I'd like to dedicate this book to my own personal Lillian, Aurora. Rory has been so supportive of me and my writing, and not everyone has someone like that. My own sister doesn't even bother to know I'm publishing a story here, but I know Rory will be so happy for me, and I know she loves this story.

So it's yours now, Rory. Just like Popcorn is mine (don't ask).