Chapter 16

Rachel rubbed her forehead as she entered her office, her headache slowly and painfully attempting to kill her. The worst part was that her assistant wouldn't stop talking. Diana had been going on and on about Rachel's schedule for the day ever since she entered the building.

"Then you have that deposition meeting at 11. Yolanda Kransiski's interviewing you at 2 and then you have another meeting-" Diana kept going on.

Rachel sat her bag down on the desk with a thud, startling Diana. "Sorry." Rachel muttered. "But can you please just...  Shut up."

Diana nodded with a smirk. "Hung over?"

"No!" Rachel immediately denied. "Just really really tired and headache and annoyed." She sat her head down on her desk for some peace and quiet.

"In other words, hung over."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine, hungover."

Diana chuckled. "Don't worry I'll get Clark to cover your meetings. Yoi just worry about the deposition."

Rachel's ears perked up. "Carl's here today?"

"Yeah, he's in his office doing that interview with vogue."

Rachel nodded. She was glad he finally showed up. He had gone awol for the last couple of days and she was worried. She remembered how mad he looked that day, it made her shudder.

Then a thought crossed her mind. What if... Carl decided to show up to this interview to expose her marriage? What if he actually decided to do this out of anger? The Rostoros will not only kill her but also him.

Panic filled her lungs and she immediately botled towards Carl's office.

Frantically and without knocking, she pushed his office's door open. The sight she saw wasn't that much surprising yet it still managed to make her gag.

Carl and the reporter were making out.

"Oh." She accidentally let out, unable to control her mouth.

The almost half naked reporter opened her eyes and saw her and then proceeded to push Carl off her.

"Shit." Carl spoke, noticing Rachel in the room for the first time and started buttoning up his shirt.

Rachel felt more than uncomfortable. She wanted to leave but didn't know if she could.

"I'm sorry." The reporter said, buttoning up her final button, with a chuckle. "I'm not usually like this."  She took a deep breath a stepped forward, extending her hand to Rachel. "I'm Tracy Porter from Vouge."

Rachel nodded, trying to hid her disgust from the previous events and shook her hand. "Rachel Henley."

"Oh, you didn't change your last name?" Tracy questioned.

That question again!

"I have." She spoke with a sarcastic smile and let her hand drop. "I just wanted to see how the interview was going." Rachel glanced at Carl who immediately looked away.

"Oh, it's been going great except Carl here won't answer any question related to you." Tracy spoke.

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, he won't answer any question related to you, to your marriage, about the lawsuit." Tracy said, glancing at Carl with a smirk. "Which makes it hard for me, you know. I can't write write about your company without knowing you, you know."

Rachel gave her one of her best fake smiles. "Well, I'm pretty boring. So is the lawsuit. The only thing interesting is this agency."

"I doubt that." Tracy spoke, pretending to think. "I mean, the goody two shoes millionaire princess marries the dark lord of the Rostoros family out of nowhere and then is stuck in a lawsuit makes quite a compelling story, don't you think?"