Chapter 18

"Fuck," you said after opening your box. "Did I order a ukelele? Oh crap."

Tubbo walked to your side and examined the ukelele. "What were you trying to buy?"

"A guitar. I think I also put the wrong address. It should have been shipped to my house."

"You know how to play the guitar?"

"Yeah."

"Do you play any others?"

"Yeah. Like the saxophone and piano."

"We all play piano," Tubbo realized.

"Hm?" Ranboo asked, looking up from his phone. "Did you just realize?"

"Yeah," Tubbo admitted. "I didn't know you played the piano y/n."

"To be fair, I always called it pain-o," you replied, examining the ukelele in your hands. "And I never really told anyone. But I haven't touched anything related to music for quite some time."

"Oh yeah. I don't even know how you managed to stream that year," Ranboo nodded.

"I didn't. That was chat's hallucination. I am dead."

"She managed to get a 4.0 GPA with like a little more than half a year," Ranboo whispered to Tubbo.

"Did you also get a 4.0?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah. But I don't know how she managed. She had to take like two or three tests daily to make up for the ones she missed."

"Ranboo, you are feeding to my ego. While I appreciate that, you sound like a proud parent bragging to a friend," you said, playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the ukelele after some fiddling with the tuning.

"Shut up," Ranboo said. "We are not gonna talk about that."

"If you want, I can teach you some things on the ukelele," Tubbo offered. 

"Sure," you said, taking up his offer.

After a few minutes of just searching up random songs to learn with Tubbo, it soon became obvious that both of you were clueless headless chicken, but Tubbo had more clue what he was doing than you did.

"Okay, stop. No, stop," Ranboo gestured. "We are not rickrolling me. Thank you very much."

"Fuck. I forgot Ranboo has ears," you told Tubbo, not even hiding the fact that you said that.

"What do you mean you forgot?" Ranboo asked.

"Ranboo has ears?" Tubbo looked at Ranboo's face. "Oh yeah he does."

"What?"

"It's just hidden with the emo hair ontop of the bald egghead of his," you told Tubbo.

Tubbo nodded in agreement. "So true."

Ranboo just stood there, face full of confusion and mock offense for being called a bald egghead.

"Excuse me? I am no egg," Ranboo said, flipping you off.

"Tubbo, don't you agree that old people have suddenly gotten so rude?" you asked.

Tubbo nodded in agreement. "Did you see that grandpa just flip you off? Disrespectful."

Ranboo sighed in defeat. "I am no old people, nor am I the only old person."

"Name someone older than you."

"Uh... the Queen? Betty White? My grandparents?"

"Ranboo, you are like a supernova. You are that old," you said.

Ranboo thought about what you just said. "Are you calling me hot?"

You thought about what you said. "Oh crap. Uh..."

"Supernovas are the hottest things in the universe," Ranboo winked. He placed his hand on his chest. "I knew God took extra time making me for me to be so hot."

You bent your head down in embarrassment. You grabbed your phone which was resting on the piano and searched for the oldest thing in the universe.

"Let me correct myself. You are a... GRB 090423, which was a gamma ray burst?"

Ranboo walked over to you so he could see your phone. "Not gonna lie, if I'm that, I look so cool. I am a star. I should change my name to star. It says everything that I am."

"Y/n, doesn't it look so pitiful when an old man is trying to convince us that he's cool?" Tubbo said, continuing the bit.

You nodded. "Very much indeed."

"I hate you guys so much," Ranboo muttered.