𝔓𝔞𝔤𝔢 13

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I took my seat in the corner that i was assigned to since the beginning of the class. I was early again today. What a relief, some quiet time with myself. I sighed and looked outside the window with a barely noticeable smile on my lips. I saw some students reading a book by the bench on the campus. Oh, speaking of books. I have to write a letter to kakyoin whenever i get the time!

My little peaceful moment was put to a stop when i noticed waves from the corner of my eyes. 'huh?' did i get enough sleep last night? I looked to my left, but i couldn't see it anymore. Then i felt it on my right side. Again out of curiosity i had no other choice but to look around like a confused puppy. It wasn't there anymore. I was just about to relax when something, no- a familiar someone jumped right in front of me, making me scream a little and causing me to fall off my chair.

"BOO"

"huh- AH-"

It was Leo the great giant cat spirit. "ow..." i rubbed the side of my torso and supported my body up horizontally with my elbow and forearm holding my weight up. Leo chuckled with his big paws on his furry belly. "gotcha kiddo, That was amazing!" he continued laughing but ended up getting himself in a little coughing fit. "ah, nice seeing you again Leo.. That was some welcome huh" i lifted myself up and dusted the non-existent dust off of myself.

"hoho, nice seeing you too (y/n)! I just can't leave this place nor my saviors now can i? It'd be very extremely disrespectful now"

"so.. Where were you gone anyways?" i asked, considering that he had mentioned this was his stay for long. "well, I went off to meet some of my very old friends. Unfortunately turns out some are in the same situation as me and some are asleep" where there more spirits him in distress? Gosh only if my kind knew they weren't of any harm.. "well that's unfortunate, now isn't it?" he nodded. There was something fishy and I was waiting for it.

"say kiddo.. Would you do me a favor?" he questioned. I raised my brow and nodded. "i mean, depends.." he found a comfortable spot behind my desk and curled up there with his head up facing me.
"this would sound ridiculous coming from an ancient spirit like me asking help from a human but.. Would you help freeing my companions?"

Ah, so that's it huh. I mean, he's not a mean spirit. Compared to a humans lifespan they live almost forever. If i were a spirit stuck in an exercised state for decades, I'd be too pretty desperate to get my freedom back. Besides they probably deserve it.
I sighed. "well, aslong as me and my kid will be fine"
He looked at me with interest."my child, you have a child of your own? Hmm, i don't sense little you around now" so he could tell he isn't related.