𝔓𝔞𝔤𝔢 39

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A couple months passed by. And sir Leone hadn't been seen since that day. She only hoped where ever the man was, was safe.

The anxious customer actually started showing up daily, and quite early. She understood that, seeing how anxious he'd get around people. That gave both of them the opportunity to get to know each other.

She learned his name, which was doppio. Both of them grew quite fond of each other in a span of a few week's. Often the boy would make excuses to stay around around and talk to her.

Which she as well quite liked. Even though she wasn't the most social, meeting someone who reminded of herself was nice, and the fact that he enjoyed being around her, made her feel somewhat better.

The young freckled boy left, and she went deep down in her subconscious thoughts once again. She let out a sigh and carried the dirty plates back to the kitchen. Next to the sink was the cook, casually preparing a dish.

The tomatoes on the black pan reminded her of a certain man with the same color palette for eyes.
Her lips curled upwards, barely noticeable wrinkles formed on the edge of her mouth due to that smile.

She really missed him. She really missed them. The fact that most of their names were food related didn't make it any easy for her to not stop thinking of them.

Every so often, a gentle giggle would escape her lips at the mention of said food items. The co-workers would assumed she had a crush, or something. She usually brushed them off and carried on with her tasks.

The gentle chime of the bell's caught her attention once again, bringing her back to reality and out of her little day dreaming moment. Without hesitation, she made her way to the door and welcomed the familiar loving faces.

"welcome bruno and fugo!"

The taller gentlemen couldn't help but feel their cheeks warming up seeing their favorite person once more. For the reputation they held, no one would expect such people to grow a soft spot for a lady as innocent and sweet as her.

Same goes for the said men, no one would expect those gentlemen to have such harsh childhood, or be in a cruel organization.

"thank you (y/n)" bruno replied, with his smile expanding. Fugo waved and smiled, entering the store and going to their table.

She noticed a taller figure behind bruno, she couldn't really make out who it was, but because she had common human decency. She decided not to look into it too much.

Meanwhile the said person was eager to see her. The man with a heart beating for no purpose. Well, that's what he thought. Once they were in, she finally got to see his face.

Her eyes widened a little, but she stayed professional. Smiled and welcomed him in as well.
"welcome back sir Leone". The man's heart skipped a beat, something inside him ached. He felt like he'd betrayed her, from a cop to a gangster?

Would she ever except him? He was disappointed in himself. But the least he'd want is to disappoint her as well. Whilst bruno and fugo made their way in, the taller goth man stayed behind.

She frowned when he saw him not following the rest.
With concern in her voice, and she sweet woman she is, she had to ask. "sir Leone? Is everything alright?".

The man loosely hung his head low. Hesitant to speak to the woman in front of him. He mentally gave himself a little courage, and went in.

"miss (y-"

"Leone, how many times will I tell you? Only (y/n) is fine". She said to him in a playful manner. If she seemed so, welcoming by what he had become. Then why couldn't he act just that to her?

".. (y/n), um thank you for-".

Once again she cut him off with a little giggle. "you're one silly man leone, you don't have to thank me. You're always welcome... I'm just glad your fine". At that comment, he walked away.

He walked away, letting his hair cover his embarrassed face, his face that kept fighting against the urge to smile like an idiot. Leaving the woman behind her baffled.

'I'm so childish' he thought.

Before she could go question the man anymore, she was alerted that the orders were ready.

Once those were done, she went over to brunos table.
Bruno being himself, didn't hesitate to introduce his new member to her. "ah, (y/n). Meet our friend abbacchio. He's a little intimidating but he's cool".

They both made eye contact once more, giving one other a smile that was barely noticeable to the others. "ah, we've met before. It's nice seeing you again leone". He cleared his throat and replied with a stern expression.

"yes, and abbacchio is fine (y/n)" he looked away, sipping on his tea. She smiled once more, taking their orders an leaving both bruno and fugo fascinated.
"you did not just smile". Fugo commented pointing dramatically towards the goth man.

The man smirked in reply and rolled his eyes.
"hey don't ignore me man, you're on first name bases with her as well! What's your story with her?"
He rose a brow at the question, but relaxed them once more.

"it's none of your concerns, speaking of her. You asked as if you know her too, what's the catch?"

Before fugo could answer, bruno hopped in.
"seems like she's an angel to anyone in need"
He said with a smile plastered on his lips.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I sighed looking at the empty cabinets of my kitchen. Guess it's that time of the month again. I threw my hands back in exhaustion and mentally prepared myself to built-up the energy to get going to the grocery.

"come on (y/n), you don't want to leave baby giorno hungry now do you?".

I spoke to myself with determination looking in the mirror. I sandwiched my face with my hands , and lazily let them tug on them, pulling my face down and waking me up.

I stood up, threw my coat and grabbed my purse. Kicked the door open and marched my way out. Me being oblivious more of the time, bumped into someone again. This time the person was quick and caught me before landed on my butt.

"waoh there, be careful (y/n)" Mista said, chuckling a little. He helped me up and i dusted the nonexistent dust off of my clothes. "sorry, I'm a little tired".
He raised a brow.

"tired? Then why you walking on those streets at night woman?"

I sighed and chuckled. "well, I'm out of cooking ingredients. Gotta go make sure those cabinets are full". He nodded. "well, fair enough".

"why are you out Mista?"

"hmm.. Dunno, felt the need to grab some chips and drinks.. Talking about shop, wanna tag along?" the young man asked. And I nodded with no hesitation. Never will i ever miss a chance hanging out with this firework for a personality.

"hell yea, i knew you'd say yes. After all, no lady can resist my charm" he hit his lip and squinted his eyes in a playful manner. Earning an eye roll and 'whatever' from me.

He frowned and whined. "oh come on, I'm amazing!" he said walking ahead of me and doing a half dio pose screaming, and definitely with a proud smile on his face.

I chuckled and walked pass him. "hey lady woman, wait for me!" i chuckled again.

'what a stupid but funny loveable guy'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━