28

You flopped onto the grass, falling back. Wilbur sat besides you. The two of you had managed to make a complete mess of the land. You made sure none of the TNT went to waste by using it all.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

You sat up to face him. "I did, I never knew blowing up stuff was so fun."

"I know right. it's absolutely amazing."

You laughed. "Yes, blowing up TNT in a shape of a dick is awfully romantic."

He looked down at his lap, snickering.

You were very happy in this moment. But why would he do all of this for you? Did he even like you? You couldn't help but overthink it even though you didn't want to.

Wilbur set his hand on your shoulder. "Hey what's wrong? You've gone all silent."

You looked into his eyes, you could tell his concern was genuine. You felt your nerves begin to build up. Maybe this was your only chance to tell him. Who knows when you'll get the confidence again.

You looked to the side to avoid eye contact. "I um." You took a deep breathe in and out. "Look i'm just going to say this now before this random confidence I have wears out. I like you Wilbur."

His eyes widened.

"It's okay if you don't like me back but I just wanted you to know and this seemed like a good mome-"

You didn't get a chance to finish your sentence before he placed his hand on your chin to pull you in for a kiss. It took you a second to fully render what was going on, but then your nerves settled and you quickly kissed back. Your hands moved to hold his waist as he shifted his hand to cup your cheek. You felt as though this was the most perfect kiss ever. It was almost as if both of you had been waiting for this moment for ages. As much as you didn't want to pull away, you had to so you could breathe.

When you opened your eyes you were met with his brown ones. "I like you too Y/n."

You felt your face heat up, but the butterflies that were there before were now gone. You had finally kissed the one you had fallen for.

A smile fell on your lips. "You better or else that kiss was very misleading."

He let out a small laugh, his thumb gently caressing your cheek. "I can't believe I just kissed the most perfect person in all the land."

You rested your forehead against his chest to hide your extremely red face. "Stop with the flattery you already have me."

He tilted your head up so he could look into your eyes. "Never." He said before pulling you in for another kiss.

You kissed back, you could feel his smile against your lips.

This moment was absolutely perfect, and you never wanted it to end.