Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16:

Bernadette's POV:

"It's nothing, Bern, really." Zayn tried to convince me.

"Nothing my ass." Louis mumbled and Niall sent him a glare.

"Obviously it's not nothing if they, are so adamant that I know." I said crossing my arms over my cheast.

"Bernadette, it's serio-" Niall started.

"No, Niall. No bullshit. Larry and Payzer say that I need to know," I said using the couples' nicknames. "ok, so Zayn is lying to me and yeah, that hurts, but you're my brother. My own flesh and blood, you know what I went through; I didn't see or talk to you for ten fucking years, and you still feel the need to lie to me?

"You know everything that happened to me in the past ten years and come to think about it, all I know about you, is that you came third on The X Factor with the boys and went on to become one of the biggest boy bands!"

Niall's face softened, as did Zayn's.

Zayn went to rub my arm but I pushed his hand away. A look of hurt flashed across his eyes as he backed off.

"Ber-"

"Unless it's the truth, Niall, I don't want to hear it." I replied with no emotion in my voice.

We all sat there in a tension filled room for a good few minutes until I spoke.

"I'll ask one more time. What do they want me to know?"

"It's hard to explain." Zayn replied.

"Make it simple." I stated.

"We can't tell you." Niall said.

"You can't or you won't?" I asked.

They didn't speak they just looked down.

"Get out." I said firmly.

"Excuse me?" Niall replied confused.

"I said, get, out." I demanded.

"Um, ok, guys le-"

I cut Zayn of by saying, "Not them. You and Niall. At least I know they'll tell me. Then after that, I might just take Dani up on her offer. The one where I get to move in with her."

Dani gave me a small smile and I returned it.

"Oh." Was all Zayn said before both boys left the room.

"Are any of you going to tell me what I need to know or have I surrounded myself with people who keep important secrets from me? Because I swear if it's the latter I'm moving back to Mullingar." I threatened.

"No! We'll tell you." Dani said, and she nodded back to Louis.

"Um, well, before Isabelle, Zayn and Niall had this, thing, that almost broke up the band." He said.

"That gives me nothing." I stated.

Louis nodded to Liam and he began to talk, "They were sort of together," My eyes widened. "They're both Bi and they obviously took a liking to each other. Uhh, one day Zayn came home to find Niall in bed with Isabelle."

Liam finished and nodded to Harry as he started, " Zayn obviously wasn't too happy and he ended it. They couldn't stop fighting and Isabelle had no idea why because Niall never told her. We were about to break up. None of us could stand it anymore."

"But," Danielle interrupted. "the boys told Simon and he sorted it out. Now, as you can see, they are best mates."

I sat there with wide eyes and my jaw dropped as I processed the information.