Begining

"Claude," Alois said coldly, "Take this pig away from me."

I looked up to see Alois looking right at me, his eyes were glossed over. I saw Claude walk towards me, I backed. Before he could get close, Ciel stepped into the room behind Alois.

"Sebastian," he shouted, "they're in here."

Claude looked at Ciel with anger as he went toward me. Ciel put his arm under my elbow and helped me up. Alois was still staring at me, but he was much angrier.

"You're just going to leave me?" he spat.

"She's not going anyw-"

"Stay out of this Claude! You bloody demon, this is between y/n and I."

I looked up at Alois. As angry as he was, he was giving me a second chance. He was giving me the choice now. To stay, or to leave. Unfortunately, I didn't actually have much of a choice. At one end of the room was Alois with Claude close by, in the other was Ciel and I. It felt as though it were only Alois and me for a second. That was until Alois stepped forward, and Ciel said; "Don't you dare take another step"

Right in front of Alois's face was a small handgun that Ciel had been concealing. It had happened so fast, I was beside Ciel one moment, then the next I was behind him looking at him pointing a gun at somebody. How old was this boy anyway?

"You wouldn't dare," said Alois, looking unfazed.

"Wouldn't I?" Ciel asked.

The two of them stared at each other for what seemed like forever before Sebastian came into the room as well.

"I'll take the girl," Ciel said to Sebastian, making us back up toward the door, "you can deal with him."

Before I knew it, Ciel had grabbed my hand and spun me around toward the door. He seemed to know his way a lot better than I had as we were out of the passageway faster than I had found that room. Running through the halls, I couldn't help but force myself to close my eyes. I only want to have good memories of those rooms. Besides, my tears had blurred my vision.

At that moment, I was mostly scared for my life rather than upset. I had no idea that Claude was planning on doing with me if I hadn't run for it. I'm glad I wasn't in the room as Sebastian and Claude went at it. God only knew what was happening in that tiny room. That was until there was a crash and the house shook as if there were an earthquake. The rumbling was so sudden that I stumbled into Ciel and fell to the floor.

"What in heaven's name was that?" I asked Ciel.

"No need to be so polite all of a sudden," Ciel replied in an almost joking way. This was not the time for that.

"I'm being serious, you think Sebastian will be alright?" I finally got a good look at my surroundings then. We were back in the same hallway which the library was, on the first floor.

"You needn't worry about Sebastian," Ciel said as he helped me onto my feet, "He's a Phantomhive butler. Don't underestimate him"

"I wouldn't want him to get hurt for me-"

"For you? He answers my orders. He is up there fighting off that thing because I told him. So don't you start feeling special."

"But," I started again, I pulled him back, "I don't even know what is going on. What exactly am I supposed to think?"

"You honestly don't know why we are here for you. Then I see there was no point in running around trying to find you, now that I know you will listen to reason."

"Well frankly, I am not quite happy with strangers coming into my new life and threatening to take it away. But now I know it was all fake."

"That's not entirely true," I could hear his tone go light again, "I could tell that you really broke that poor chap's heart. That surely had to be real."