Chapter Four

The taxi stopped right at the front of the building, I looked up at the building the sun slightly peeking out of the high building, I step out of the taxi paying the man while dragging my suitcase behind me into the entrance heading for Theresa's apartment.
Finally stepping out of the elevator, I walk to the door ringing the bell twice before the door opens
"Ah, you're here already" Theresa said opening the door wider for me
"Nice too meet you too Theresa"  I reply sarcastically with a small chuckle
"I must confess you look good despite the tired look you have on your face" she commented and I stared at the woman in her mid 40's with her raven hair and her long gown and her glasses that framed her face, Theresa has been taking care of kaden since he turned one, I just come to visit, she lives with her husband, sadly she never had a child of her own.
"It's work Theresa, work is really stressful" I replied
"That's why you're here to rest for some time" she said and I laughed.
"Where's kaden?" I asked seeming he hasn't rushed in the room since
"He's sleeping, you can go see him, you still remember the way there right?" She asked
" I can never  forget anything concerning my son" I replied while strolling to his room, the door was opened and I entered to see my son sleeping on the bed peacefully, his brown short hair scattered slightly on the pillow,his big doe eyes closed and his small slightly long nose resting on his heart shaped lips, he's grown and he's going to be a tall boy seeing his legs a little bit long and his chest slightly expanded, I crossed my arms leaning slightly on the baby blue walls staring at his handsomeness, he really looks like me except his height surely is gotten from his father, I waked up to him placing a small kiss on his cheek before walking out back to the sitting room plopping on the sofa next to Theresa who was watching flicking through the tv channels.
"Where's Harry?" I asked referring to her husband
"Still not back from work" she replied
"Right" I replied
"He'll be back soon though" she assured me and I hummed.
"You still haven't heard from him?"she asked quietly and I knew where she's heading to
"He barely even knows me" I reply
"Somehow I don't believe that, love can...."She started before I cut her off
" Theresa..please!" I said shutting my eyes
"Mia! How long?" She asked
" Theresa!"
"No Mia! How long are you going to sit down there without a man in your life? How long are you going to keep ignoring kaden questions about his father? What are you going to do when he grows up and start demanding to see him?" She asked and I paused looking at her while she stared at me with fury in her eyes, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and walked into the guest room. I can't handle those memories not when I've tried so hard to bury them in the dirt. That's the past and I'm not ready to dwell on it!.