Chapter Ten

I sat at the front of my hair, curling the strands that won't stay in my sleek bun. Theresa walked handing me some pair of earrings i took it from her placing them on, I stood up taking my full appearance, a long emerald colour gown with short heels, my hair placed in a bun and slight makeup, the makeup was Theresa's doing.  I must say I look beautiful at least, I heard a car honk notifying me Xander is here, I walked out of my room to Kaden and picked him up placing him on my hip.
"Kaden, mummy has to go now, please behave yourself" I said before placing a small kiss on his head.
"I will mummy. Good luck" he said giving me thumbs up and I smiled at the action before kissing him on his cheek again.
"Bye" I said dropping him down before walking towards the door, I pulled it open just to meet Xander at the door step in a black suit and a button up white shirt inside and a bow tie, he's just too attractive, his black hair perfectly slicked back with bouquet of roses in his hand.
He's still the same romantic man, he hasn't changed much.
"You look beautiful Mia" he complemented handing me the roses
"Thank you, you look good too" I replied collecting the roses before walking towards the car with him.

****
The car stopped and I looked outside the window
"No way!" I shouted clamping my mouth shut while I looked back at Xander to see him grinning at me.
"Xander... you.. you still remember that did was my favorite place" I said astonished
"I never forgot anything about you mia" he said opening the door of his car.
I came down and took Long strides with him and into the restaurant,he made a reservation for us close to the window side that showed off the night view, he leaned against the table watching me warily.
"Tell me Mia...why did you leave me?"he asked
I should have known the purpose of this dinner was to seek answers.
"Alexander, you said a fresh start, the past will reveal itself when it's time" I replied while he nodded before giving our orders to the waiter.
"So, where have you been living?" He asked
"Brooklyn"I replied you?"I asked
"Italy" he replied folding his arms and I nodded
"Why did you come back to Spain?"I asked
"It's my hometown isn't it? I don't think i should have a reason to come" he replied just as the waiter dropped our food and I gave him a small smile.
"Why did you come to Spain?" He asked

Thud!

I dropped my spoon out of shock.
"Well...um...I...for vacation" I replied, he squinted his eyes trying to figure out what's going on in my head. I can't tell him about Kaden, he can be a threat, he might have been my husband but that doesn't mean I'm letting him come back without proper investigation.
"I thought you lost your memory" I whispered in order to quench the tension.
"Is that why you divorced me?" He asked chewing on his steak
"No, not at all"I replied
"Then why?"he asked and I sighed
"I thought we agreed not to talk about the past" I pointed out and he nodded
"Italy...what's it like?"I asked
"It's beautiful really"he replied and I hummed and begun to eat my salad
"Mia?"he called after an awkward silence
"Yes"I answered
"Can I tell you a secret?"he asked
"Yes sure" I replied earful siting up to look at him just to meet him looking at me.
"I had a daughter"