FIVE

FIVE

"Oh my goodness, the fire swallowed her house whole."

"Who could've done such?"

"Karen is in a very critical condition right now."

"Whoever did this to her and her home holds so much grudge on her indeed."

These were the murmurs Yeji overheard when she came to visit the Lee's home.

The news about Karen Wu's house getting caught on fire spread in the whole town like wildfire. A lot of people were curious so they stood infront of Karen Wu's burned house.

Even Jeno's mom, dad and brother Eric were at their frontyard watching police investigate her home. They were so busy seeing what was happening at Karen's place that they didn't even notice Yeji approach.

 They were so busy seeing what was happening at Karen's place that they didn't even notice Yeji approach

"Good morning, mister & misis Lee, Eric." Yeji greeted.

"Oh hi, sweetie. Oh, I almost didn't see you. Good morning." Jeno's mom immediately gave her a kiss on her cheeks.

"Good morning, Yeji." said Jeno's dad.

"Hi Yeji." Eric greeted.

"What beings you here, sweetie?" asked Jeno's mom.

"I came here to bring you breakfast, misis Lee." Yeji showed the container of breakfast. She prepared grilled short ribs, spicy seafood salad, bean sprout rice, spicy stewed fish, cucumber soup, seasoned kelp, and radish strip kimchi.

"Oh sweetie, thank you that's so thoughtful of you." Jeno's mom replied.

"You're welcome, misis Lee." Yeji replied. "Uhm, by the way... is... Jeno home?"

"Oh, yes honey, he's inside. You should go talk to him, he's been extremely quiet since this morning maybe you can brighten up his day." said Jeno's mom.

———

So Yeji went inside to find and Jeno and she spotted him sitting on their couch at the living room, readin  a book

The funny thing is, everyone's gushing about what happened to Karen Wu's home but Jeno seemed... unbothered about it. Maybe he just doesn't mind anyone's business.