NINETEEN

Nineteen

Trigger Warning:
mentioning of s*icide (not too detailed). If you're uncomfortable please skip until the "xxx" sign.

xxx

Yeji, Jungwoo and their father arrived at their mom's workplace and they were so surprised to see medics, ambulance and rescue team.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?!" Yeji panicked. Who wouldn't?

"Excuse me? What's going on?" Mister dad came asking the rescue team.

Yeji & Jungwoo  followed their dad and they were extremely worried. Yeji had this sick gut feeling in her stomach, she knew that this wasn't going to be good.

Before the member of the rescue could even answer them, they saw a stretcher being pulled out by medics out of the building.

The person, however, was covered in white cloth. Yeji had a flashback of seeing her friends in the same scenario. She felt her knees get weak and her heart braced oh-so-swiftly.

"Mom! Mom!" Yeji screamed. She couldn't control it anymore.

Jugwoo grabbed her arm as she was about to run towards the medics pushing the stretcher.

"Yeji, calm down, that couldn't be mom." Jungwoo said but Yeji was panicked and she already started tearing up as she had a very bad feeling about it.

"But mom... that's mom. I know it's her!" Yeji panicked. She just had that sick gut feeling in her stomach.

A member of the paramedics approached the family and asked them.

"Excuse me sir..." he called Yeji's dad. "Are you the family of Misis Minseo Kim?"

"Yes. I am her husband and these are our kids." said their father.

The paramedics nodded and told them. "I'm sorry sir but I have to relay a very bad news to your family..."

———

And all Yeji felt after that evening was regret. She regret not being able to make peace with her mother before she departed this world.

What happened?

Yeji's mother, Misis Minseo Kim, was found unconcious in her office at around 6:00 PM. Her officemates immediately called for medics when they saw a pool of blood on her office table where her head was laid.

Paramedics and investigators arrived as soon as possible. Misis Kim showed no sign on life when paramedics arrived.

Misis Kim was DEAD on the spot. She was also missing her wedding ring that she always wear to work.

The underlying cause of death was ruled out to be s*icide. However, further investigations will be made  to determine whether there was any foul play involved.

A/N: I'm not going to narrate the manner of death.

xxx

———

For now, the family has to mourn again for the sudden death of the light of their family. It hasn't been a month since they mourned for the death of Doyoung and now, their mother followed Doyoung so soon.