NINE

NINE

"Young Jae, honey, are you okay? You're hands have been trembling the whole time."

All eyes were laid upon Eric who had been not himself that evening.

"I'm... I'm fine, m-mom." he replied but he doesn't really sound okay.

Jeno glanced at his younger brother wondering what made him act different that evening.

"If anything's bothering you, sweetie. Tell us, okay?" their mom told him and Eric just nodded.

———

That same evening before going to bed, Jeno saw Eeic walking back in forth inside in his room so he got a little curious as to what he was doing and so he went to Eric's room.

"Young Jae..." Jeno called.

"Huh?"

Jeno leaned on the door of his room and asked. "What's wrong?" he asked seriously.

Eric shook his head immediately.

Jeno warned. "Don't lie to me or else I'll kick you in the face."

Eric really look hesitant to tell Jeno about his problems but he felt like he really needed to tell his hyung what's been bothering him. He knew he could count on him more than anyone.

"Hyung... it's about... it's about the Taekwondo team." he finally speak up.

"What about it?" asked Jeno.

"Our leader..." Eric mumbled. "He... He..."

Eric couldn't tell his hyung he was bullied by their leader 'cause he didn't want to sound weak intront of his hyung. He knew his hyung had gone through much rough situation but here he is, still living and continuing life.

Eric didn't want anyone to worry about him because he feels like he is old enough to handle his own problems but this time, he can't conceal it anymore.

Jeno felt that Eric wasn't really okay telling him what happened. He could sense that Eric was really anxious and scared and it breaks his heart to see his dongsaeng behave this way.

Jeno answered for him. "It's River Chu, right? He bullied you. He gave you bruises and black eye, right?"

Eric glanced at his hyung with teary eyes, he was very shock that Jeno knew him. Eric asked. "How'd you..."

Jeno showed the crumpled piece of paper with River Chu's name. Jeno said... "You left this paper this morning."

Eric glanced at the paper and he was trembling to his bone and then he looked back into his hyung's eyes and said. "Hyung, River Chu's gone."

———

And just like that, cases of murder skyrocketed in the city, all cases with no lead suspect. The victims all have one thing in common when they die, they lose the most valuable thing they have on them.

One day, it was only Madam Karen Wu, the four foreign boys, River and then 3 months later, another ten people were murdered, still, with no lead suspect.

However, police believed that there was only one person who did this and they believed he was a serial killer.

———