TWENTY

Twenty

And because of Jungwoo and Yeji's discussion that night, she was unable to finish her assignments and she couldn't even sleep. She kept thinking and thinking and thinking...

Was Jeno really the mastermind behind all these?

Jungwoo presented claims that didn't have enough evidence but he also had claims that could possibly be true. What now? What should she think? What should she do?

She may or may not be in a relationship with a possible serial killer on the lose.

But Yeji had a problem, a serious problem concerning her and her relationship with Jeno. Their relationship may have resulted to something really unexpected.

 Their relationship may have resulted to something really unexpected

———

* The next morning...

Yeji decided to talk with Jungwoo during his spare time, he was the only one he could talk to at this point.

"I told you about these things that I've observed for a while because I want you to be aware. I didn't say these things to scare you, okay? I'm just concerned and I'm really bothered." Jungwoo told her.

"As of now, we only have assumptions. It may or may not be true but it's up to you to find out." Jungwoo told her and she was shock to hear that.

"What? Why me?" Yeji asked.

"You're his girlfriend, that's why. You two are close with each other. He may tell or show you something that may link him to these crimes." Jungwoo explained.

"You have to observe him, Yeji 'cause something tells me that there is something suspicious about Jeno." Jungwoo told him. Yeji looked scared as ever.

"From now on, you're on a mission to find out whether or not Jeno is really a suspect for these crimes. I pray that these are just false assumption but I have to tell you, I have a sick gut feeling about this so you should prepare yourself, Yeji."

"Prepare for what?"

"Prepare to accept that Jeno may really be the person that everyone sees him, a murderer." Jungwoo explained.

She gulped and she couldn't say a word, sh*t was really getting serious and Yeji didn't even know how to prove these assumptions were wrong.

She hopes that these are just false assumptions.

"H-how am I going to do all these, oppa? I-I'm starting to g-get scared." Yeji was just nerve-racked.

Jungwoo held her shoulder. "Relax, okay? Relax."

"Just act like you always do when you're with him. Act normal, act as if you don't know anything, act as if you trust him. Don't show him you're afraid 'cause he might be more cautious of his actions and we're here to bust him, if ever our assumptions are true." Jungwoo told him.