SEVENTEEN

Author's note: Hi, if you've read Chapter 16, I mentioned there were 8 men. I take that back, I edited chapter 16 and replaced it with 7. So there were 7 men that attacked Jeno, not 8, I accidentally added Jungwoo to the list but he's not part of Doyoung's gang. I forgot, I'm so sorry this author is very forgetful. I'm so so sorry, so basically there's only one Jungwoo and he wasn't part of the accident. Okay? Okay. I'm sorry again for the confusion. My bad hihi.

Seventeen

"H-hello?"

"Yeji, baby, I'm glad you answered my call. I had been texting and calling you but you weren't responding. Are you... busy right now?"

Jeno had just got out of the police station after two hours of interrogation. The investigator got nothing out of him as he was indeed not present at the crime scene and he had a solid alibi. Hence, he was removed from the suspect list.

"Yeji... baby?" Jeno called out again since Yeji was still not replying to him.

"Jeno... I... I can't talk right now." she said and she really sounded like she was in a state of panic.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Jeno sounded worried.

"I'm... I'm at the hospital, babe." Jeno asked.

"What?! Why?! Are you injured?!"

"No, no, no... I'm fine. It's Doyoung." she said.

"What happened to him?" Jeno asked.

Yeji started sobbing on the other line as she told him what happened. "He got hit by a car and now he's at the emergency room."

———

* At the hospital...

Yeji had just gotten out of his brother's ward's restroom after puking for the 3rd time. Just this morning, before leaving to go to the hospital she threw up twice.

"Yeji, are you okay? You've puke thrice since we arrived here. What did you eat?" Jungwoo asked her.

They were still waiting for the parents to arrive. Fortunately, doctors were able to attend to Doyoung. Doyoung had many satures all over his body, he had neck braces on, he had a broken leg and a broken arm so he was wearing a cast. Doyoung was still sleeping, however.

"I'm fine... I just... I may have eaten something bad so my stomach is upset." she said and she sat next to Jungwoo on the couch. Jungwoo looked at her questionably and Yeji noticed it.

"What?" she mumbled.

Jungwoo shook his head to erase the thought forming in his mind and he said. "Nothing, it couldn't be what I was thinking earlier."

What were you thinking Jungwoo?

———

Doyoung finally gain conciousness after five hours of sleeping since he immediately loss concious after being hit by the car, Dy was petrified to wake up at the hospital.

"Hmm, where... where am I?" he started to murmur. His visions were slightly blurry and his head was pounding.

"Doyoung oppa..." he heard a familiar voice.

When he averted his gaze to his side, he realized that Yeji was the one watching over him.

"Y-yeji? Where am I? Why do I feel so awful right now?" he asked her.

Yeji said. "Oppa, you're confined at the hospital. You've been a victim of hit and run."

And that's when Doyoung remembered what happened. "Oh... I... I... I remember now." the tone of his voice sounded dreadful.