14

Chapter Fourteen

   was about eight or nine years old, if he did something wrong, he would be locked in the utility room by Mu Zhangcheng.

  Mu Zhangcheng said that he is too stubborn, so he should be tough.  Chu Yue disagreed, but she didn't count the family affairs, so she could only watch Mu Wenran walk in.

   was locked in when he was young, Mu Wenran often stared at the door of the utility room until the punishment was over, Chu Yue opened the door and called him out softly.

   She would hug him, rub his hair, and say, "Xiao Ran is obedient, don't fight anymore, okay?"

   At that time, he was willing to open his mouth and explain to her: "They were the first to do it."

   Chu Yue would press his index finger on his lips and say, "I know, I know, promise my mother not to fight again in the future, okay?"

   "……it is good."

   No one wants to hear his explanation.

   But his mother is very gentle, and only his mother is gentle to him.

   Mu Wencheng has also been imprisoned, only a few times, because he was scared and kept crying inside. After several times, he no longer dared to violate Mu Zhangcheng, and even feared his father tremblingly.

   Mu Wenran is different. He only knocked on the door when he entered for the first time and called his father. Mu Zhangcheng said, "I won't open the door for you." Mu Wenran stopped making a sound.

   He is always taciturn, not as lively as Mu Wencheng, and often makes mistakes.

   After the age of nine, Mu Wenran was rarely pushed into the room, but it was also less talkative and gloomy than before.

   Mu Zhangcheng felt that it was ugly for him to have a straight face when he was young, and he often accused Chu Yue of failing to teach his son well.

   He even said bluntly that he couldn't eat when he saw Mu Wenran's face, and asked who he was showing his temper, and he was taken directly to the utility room, so that when he could laugh, he would come out again.

   At that time, Mu Zhangcheng and Chu Yue always quarreled for Mu Wenran. Chu Yue said that Mu Zhangcheng shouldn't be so harsh. Mu Zhangcheng said that Chu Yue spoiled the children, and they both blamed each other.

   The TV was on, and Mu Wencheng sat on the sofa with a smile and tilted his head: "Brother, they quarreled again because of you."

   Mu Wenran just glanced at him and didn't respond.

  The two brothers are the same kind of people, equally bad, but Mu Wencheng is better at disguising, and Mu Wenran disdains disguise.

   So in fact, Mu Wenran is not very afraid of the dark, but doesn't like it.

   The darkness will make him uncomfortable, but it is not unbearable.

   He puts a lot of lights in his house, it's just a habit, not necessarily.

   No one had ever asked him if he was afraid of the dark, Mu Zhangcheng didn't care, Chu Yue didn't notice.  He hadn't talked to anyone, nor did he feel scared, just... didn't like it.

   But Luke cried and asked him, "Aren't you afraid of the dark?"

   At that moment, he hesitated, maybe because he was scared, so he stared at the door when he was a child, hoping that someone would push it open, hoping that light would penetrate in.