.seven.

⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚
_________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚

"god this smells like ass."

josh laughed at her remark, further leading his mop towards the center of the gym. the mixture of sam's blood, tap water, and mold that was permanently resided inside mop buckets made the liquid exert an awful smell.

"hey, i'm speaking the truth." josie continued, messing with the hem of the jean skirt that was fully digging into her stomach.

the slam of a door sounded from the hallway beside them, josie walking closer to josh to be able to look down. the pattering of quick footsteps sounded in front of the open door, a flash of blue running past the door.

josie's breath quickened as the recognized the dark blue hue of the scrubs, and the dark brown hair color. "josh. we.. we gotta go find the others. right now."

"what? what happened? did you see something?" josh questioned, grabbing a hold of her hand, as he was looking the other way when the figure ran past.

"it was.. it was my mom." josie whispered, a tear running down her face. "can we just.. can we go please?"

josh nodded quickly, moving towards the other exit, following the trail they had made. josie ran ahead of josh, pushing herself against the wall as she tried to control her breathing.

"jo? what's wrong?" kate asked, running across the hall to stand next to the crying girl, wrapping an arm around her.

"her mom." josh answered, moving his head to look at them. "she's here, too."

"dude! she's here! ruby was... she was so sexy, but fucking crazy still! she was doing it! following the blood trails!" simon shouted as he ran down the hall, stopping to stand beside josh.

"skull mask freak, three o'clock." kate whispered, looking down the hall.

footsteps soon sounded from the other two hallways leading to the bathrooms. turning her head, she glanced down one of the halls, spotting the nightwing killer walking beside her mom, the woman holding a bloodied bonesaw.

her breath hitched as the scent of rose and vanilla flooded her nose, the familiar smell of her mother's shampoo overwhelming her. kate pulled her back, holding the crying girl against her, rubbing her hand up and down jo's back.

kate held her close, keeping her sight blocked away from the bloodies version of her mother. each of the four killers mindlessly walked into the bathroom, following the trail of blood they had set out.

deena rushed forward, slamming the door shut as sam jumped out of the vent she escaped through. "go, go, go, go!" sam shouted, placing a hand on her chest to catch her breath.

josie pushed off of her friend, wiping her face as she grabbed a fire extinguisher. watching as deena dropped the fiery match. the fire burned brightly, the screams of the killers sounding from behind the door as they burned.

simon had placed his hands around jo's ears, keeping her from hearing the screams of her own mother. a final explosion sounded from the bathroom as the fire reached the mass puddle of rubbing alcohol they had splashed onto the floor.

they all moved forward, cutting the rope used to secure the door closed. deena, kate, and josie moved inside, their fire extinguishers at the ready, spraying the fire.

the fog like substance filled the room, covering the mass of black goop that the killers had become. the walls were burned, covered in blood and ash.

"come back from that, motherfuckers!" simon shouted as he glanced about the room.

josie looked down, grabbing a small silver ring from the ground beside the pile of goop. with a small heart-shaped hole in the band, she looked at the ring adorned on her pinky finger, with a small heart-shaped diamond, the same size as hole in the matching ring.

avery frell had purchased the ring set on josie's tenth birthday, proclaiming it was one of the most important birthdays, as she had made it to double-digit age. the frell slid the ring onto her finger with a sigh.

looking back down to the goop, small bubbles were being made as it moved. tilting her head, the brunette leaned closer, trying to see it better. "um.. guys." josie whispered, watching as various piles moved together.

a bony hand formed, it's fingers stretching out. "guys.."

a set of arms wrapped around her, pulling her away as the hand reached out, grasping to where josie had previously been.

"shit!"

"run, run, run, run!" kate called out, being the first out out the door.

they each followed deena, watching as she ran to a far classroom, holding the door open for the others. simon locked the door, using the key on the hook, as sam and josie worked together to drag the desk in front of the door.

"they're coming!" deena shouted, backing away from the door.

"they're going to keep coming!" kate screamed.

"we're fucked!" simon exclaimed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"no, no! we are not fucked!" kate replied, glaring over at sam. "she's fucked. they're coming for her. if we put sam in the hall, we end this now."

"you're a monster." deena spat.

"i'm being reasonable! we can't run anymore. a bullet won't stop them, fine. they're really strong. but, we just tried to goddamn explode them, and that didn't work!" kate argued.

"you're suggesting killing her." deena concluded.

"i mean, that's not exactly what she's saying." josh spoke.

"oh, so you're on her side?" the other johnson questioned, glaring over at josh.

"deena! not all of us want to die to protect one fucking person who is going to die anyway!" josie shouted.

"ok, look at this." kate started, taking josh's backpack, taking out the various newspaper clippings. "dead. dead. dead! this is the way. it's the only way."

"wait! wait." josie shouted, finding the camp nightwing article out of the pile. "one of the survivors. she.. saw the witch. but, she survived."

"how? how did she survive, josie?" deena shouted, holding tightly onto sam's hand.

"she.. she got brought back by another survivor. she was gone for a few minutes, but he brought her back. and they were all gone." josie explained, holding up the newspaper article. "c. berman."

"oh shit." simon muttered, staring over at josie. "her? seriously?!"

"you guys hold the door shut! keep them out." josie shouted, watching as simon used a stool as a way to keep the doorknob from moving.

the frell darted towards the phone that had been discarded from the teachers desk, kneeling in front of it.

"what are you doing, josie? how do you know her fucking phone number?" deena exclaimed, watching as the girl dialed the number.

josie sighed, bringing the phone up to her ear. "because..."

"she fucking lives with her!" simon shouted from the door.

"she took me in after my mom died."

xx
word count: 1, 144