.ten.

⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚
_________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚

"i miss them already."

josh turned his head at her confession, the two laying on a rug in the basement, their paper plates that once had pizza on them discarded to the side, with loud music playing. a tear dripped down her face as she sat up, pulling her knees to her chest, resting her chin on her knees.

he sat up with her, rubbing circles onto her back with his hand. "i miss them, too." he agreed, looking at her with a sad smile, kissing the top of her forehead.

"he was my best friend." josie started, wiping her cheek as she spoke. "god, i even miss his horrible jokes. why couldn't he have just kept walking? why did he have to stop to talk to me? if he would've kept walking.." 

"don't blame yourself, josie. don't you dare blame yourself. you know he wouldn't have wanted you too." the boy told watching as the girl nodded. 

josh held onto her as she cried, rubbing her arm, giving soft kisses to her forehead as she mourned the loss of her friend. her cries became quieter as she tried to focus on the music, rather than the pain that had been brought to them from that night.

the door of the steps slammed open deena stepping down temporarily. "jo, c. berman is on the phone. she's asking for you. won't believe that we ended it." deena spoke, noticing josie's red eyes.

"how does she have your number?" josie questioned.

"said she got my name off the news, looked me up." deena replied, shuffling back up the stairs.

josie scoffed, standing up and moving to the phone connected to the wall. the brunette girl picked it up slowly, slightly worrying about what the woman would say.

"hello?" jo spoke wearily.

"oh, my god. you're alive."

"yeah, i am. no thanks to you. where were you? you never leave the house." josie spat, glancing back to josh.

"i was out, looking for you. i heard there was an incident over at the hospital."

"there was. the killers came for us. ruby lane, nightwing, ryan torres.. mom." the girl explained, looking down the ground.

"are you okay? i saw on the news.. simon-"

"don't. don't say his name, ok?" josie stopped, tearing up again at the boys mention.

"what do you mean you saw avery?"

"she was there. at the store. but she talked to me. she did. she told me she loved me." josie spoke as a tear rolled down her face.

"that's impossible."

"she was fighting it, c. she was. she was fighting the curse, for me." the frell argued.

"how did you end it?"

"sam. the girl that it affected. she died, and we brought her back. just like you did, we ended it. maybe if you would've replied, we would've known faster, and simon wouldn't have died." josie explained quietly, looking back to josh who smiled sadly at her. "look, i've got to go. i'll be back tomorrow."

"no. i want you home now. it's not safe. you didn't end it. this is the witch's game. she'll come back. she controls ever-"

"...guys.." deena spoke, clutching the side of her stomach as she moved down the stairs. "you two need to follow me." she finished, moving to wobble back up the stairs.

"shit. i've got to go." josie said frantically

"no! josie! you come home, right no-"

her words were cut off by josie slamming the phone back on the receiver, rushing after josh to follow deena up the stairs. rounding the corner, deena was stood in the entry to the kitchen, staring down at sam's figure in the corner, tied up with the phone cord.

".. sam's not feeling like herself." deena grumbled, her voice hoarse. "we have to get her back."

"well, looks like i'm going home."

xx
word count: 597

first movie done! wooooo i did it :)
i hope you guys enjoyed this one, i gotta get to work on the second movie!

when talking about the past, it will be put into italics, regarding that it's a flashback. to hopefully top confusion for not only myself but others too!"