.nine.

⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚
_________________________________________

______________________________________________________________

˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚

"interview with josie frell. sunday, october 2nd, 1994. guardian contact, unmade."

the man sighed, leaning back in his chair, watching as the girl ran her hand over the gauze taped to the wound made by her mother.

"wanna tell me what happened, josie?" nick questioned, glancing down at the recorder.

"um, deena, josh, and sam were picking up.. sam's prescription. i was with simon and kate, we were going to get dinner after his shift." josie started, recalling the story that the four of them had made before calling the police. "the lights. they went out."

"what happened then? after the lights went out."

"i ducked behind the counter, i was trying to look for a flashlight. i couldn't find simon or kate. deena and the others found me. i just... i had hid until it was over." the girl answered, avoiding eye contact with the man.

"how'd you get all the wounds? on your shoulder, hands, and leg." nick questioned, glancing down at his report.

"i tripped on some broken glass, we knocked down a few jars." she responded, moving her hand off the scar.

"you had to get 23 stitches. it was a pretty big gash for just some broken glass." the sheriff questioned, leaning forward. "you know, you can tell me anything, josie."

" i just fell on glass. that's what happened." josie repeated.

"you look terrified. like you've seen a ghost." nick pressured.

"guess it's shock, or something. it was a.. scary experience." josie spoke quietly with a shrug.

"i'll tell you what i can see, from the facts. and you correct me if i'm wrong." nick proposed, watching as the girl nodded. "the junkies you were wit-"

"kate and simon." she corrected rudely. "they weren't just junkies. they were good people, asshole. they were my friends."

"from what i can see, and from whatever you're not telling me. they are to blame, for everything. and that's the story the department will put out, unless you tell me what happened." nick spoke sternly.

"it's just another shadyside tragedy. two new people for the city to hate. but, what they were. you want to know who those two really were? kate, was a smart girl, she worked harder than any would've believed, and didn't get what she deserved in return." josie explained, her voice faltering as she spoke. "simon, was a good kid, he's supporting his family, by himself, since he was fifteen. never got a single 'thank you'. but, hey, i guess they both just went shadyside crazy."

nick leaned forward, clicking the recorder off. "josie. i know this isn't the truth. and that you don't want simon and kate to go down for these murders. so, you need to tell me what happened."

"no. they don't deserve this. they don't. but, they're dead. not much else i can do for them, is there?" josie spat.

"do you know where uh.. ms. berman is? she's not answering her calls." nick questioned.

"i don't. can i go now?" the girl questioned barely glancing up to see him nod.

"if i call, you better answer it, frell. and you need to start telling the truth."

xx
word count: 553
short ass chapter- sorry. but i'm almost done with movie 1 :DD

i'm very happy if you can't tell.
hope you guys have enjoyed so far!