In Command - Part 26

Author's Note: Description of serious injury in this chapter

Four stormtroopers emerged from Cell 11, leaving two bound, gagged, and unconscious forms pushed out of view of the door behind them. The corridor was silent except for the clicking of their boots on the floor as they quietly marched towards the lift that would take them back up to the hangar.

Rex slowed as Senna's steps faltered a bit. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, let's just keep moving." Her breathing was still slightly labored underneath the helmet.

Once inside the lift, she leaned heavily against the wall and Rex reached over to squeeze her hand briefly. "Just a little further. We're almost there."

"Echo, how are we looking?" Hunter asked, quietly speaking into his commlink.

"No alarms going off yet. Have you got her?"

"Yes. We'll be there in a few minutes. Be ready to leave in a hurry."

"Understood."

The lift doors opened and Rex heard Senna inhale sharply as she pushed herself back to a standing position. There were more stormtroopers in the hallway than there had been when they initially arrived. Rex walked closer to Senna, ready to catch her if she faltered at all, but she held her spine rigid as they followed Tech and Hunter down the corridor.

Rounding the corner into the hangar, Rex felt the tension in his shoulders give a little bit as the Marauder came into view. All of that relief vanished as Senna gasped, crumpling to the floor.

"He knows."

"What?"

Hunter and Tech stopped and ran back to help her, but she held up her hand, throwing them backwards towards the Marauder.

"GET TO THE SHIP!"

Rex dropped to his knee beside her, grabbing her arm and slinging it across his shoulder as he raised his weapon towards the door.

"Let me go and get to the ship, Rex. You've got to go!" she yelped, as she ripped her helmet off, gasping for air. "He knows you're here!"

"I'm not leaving you again."

"You stubborn fool, just GO!" she yelled, her body suddenly convulsing under an invisible grip.

Rex grabbed his comm. "Wrecker, Echo, we're in trouble out here."

"NO!" she screamed in rage. He could see she was in pain as she spasmed, trying to rip off her chest plate. "I can't kriffing breathe in this," she muttered, finally ridding herself of it and clutching her chest. She was on her hands and knees now, panting as she lifted her head to face the doorway of the hangar.

The Grand Inquisitor stood in the doorway with a battalion of stormtroopers, his hand outstretched. Rex felt Senna being pulled from his grasp as the Inquisitor flexed his wrist, and her body flew forward. "Captain Rex, what an honor to be graced with your presence yet again." Rex ripped his helmet off, aiming his blaster at the Inquisitor. "Release her."

"Or what?" he asked, pulling Senna into the air so that her toes dangled above the floor.

Rex heard Wrecker's heavy footsteps behind him followed by the sound of Echo's voice. "We're with you, Rex!" Glancing back, he saw that the four clones had taken up defensive positions and had their weapons trained on the Inquisitor and his stormtroopers.

The Inquisitor spun Senna in the air so that she was facing Rex, her body rigid. "You really should have just let her go, Captain. Now, her sacrifice will have been for nothing."