Ben Chilwell - married to her

warnings: none (some swearing if that offends you)
includes: angst and fluff

'I just wanna make sure everything is perfect for her y/n, you know it's our special day and i'm so nervous something will go wrong' Ben cringed.

Every time he mentioned her you died a little inside. She was going to be the one marrying the love of your life. Sleeping in his bed, watching his matches with his shirt on and even having his children. It broke you every time you saw how happy they were together but for him you had to be brave.

'Everything will be just fine ben i promise, now let's get in there and get this over with before you combust of anxiety.'

You walked in and took your seat with your head held high trying to keep it together, you knew for him you had to be brave.

You had made it through most of the ceremony but then came the vows and you knew this would break you the most. 'I can't do this' you whispered to your friend.

'Wait y/n!' she whispered back as you shuffled out from my seat and ran out of the church, falling down against the wall with tears flowing uncontrollably.

'What's wrong y/n, are you okay?' Ben asked carefully as he tried to put an arm around you.

'What are you doing? You should be inside marrying the girl of your dreams right now and instead you are out here. Go back inside Ben.'

'I'm here because obviously something or someone has upset my bestfriend and that needs to be sorted.' And there it was again, the word you hated most. His bestfriend. That's all you ever would be to him.

'Bestfriend' you whispered back to him.

'What?'

'I don't want to be your fucking bestfriend! Don't you get it? I love you so much and i have for years. I've done so much for you but you've never realised because of her.'

You just let everything spill. All the anger and emotions finally took over and now Ben knew the truth.

'I wish you told me sooner y/n, i love you so much but i never thought i could have you. I never wanted to ruin our friendship so i never mentioned my crush and tried to distract myself with her.'

'You love me?' you whispered back.

'I do.' he replied.

'That's what you should be saying to the girl waiting inside that church but i supposed this was bound to happen at some point' A voice said from a few steps away. Bens mother.

'I'm so sorry i should go. I've ruined everything. I didn't keep my promise now everything is ruined for you. I have to go please forget i said anything' And with that you ran as fast as you could away from them. But little did you know Ben was planning to talk to her about how he no longer wanted to get married as he was in love with someone else.

That someone else was you. His first love and only love.

word count - 520