2

"See you later!" Julie spoke to her daughter. Sydney smiled lightly as she opened the car door, closing it behind her. She felt guilty for leaving her mom at the dinner table last night, if anything she should be mad at her dad.

"See you later, mom." Sydney smiled as she walked to the front of the school meeting up with Josh and Deena. "Your other half is here." Deena told her brother sarcastically. "Shut up." Josh nudged the girl, glaring at her. "And where are your little minions?" Sydney spoke up. Josh smiled as he fist bumped the girl, continuing with their handshake. They stood in line, waiting to go through the metal detector.

Josh and Sydney spoke quietly about how her parents were taking a break. She was upset with bringing up the topic again, but her and Josh told each other everything. "First I get broken up with, now my parents are spilt. That's some Shadyside bullshit." Sydney said making Josh face softened as they finally got through the line. "Syd, I promise you things will get better." Josh said as he watched the girl put on her backpack back on. They started to walk away, Deena spoke up before the two can get any farther.

"See you later, Sir Silence." Deena teased with a smirk on her face as she walked away. Josh looked around hoping that no one heard his sister. "Trust me, no one heard her." Sydney said, the boy scoffed as they continued to walk. Sydney only laughed lightly.

She girl then pulled her backpack off, placing it in front of her as she started looking for her comic book.

"Up, up. Down, down. Left, right. Left, right. B A start." Sydney heard Josh whispering to himself. The girl looked over at him to see him looking forward, she followed where he was looking to see Kate walking down the hall. Kate walked past the two as Josh eyes followed. His gaze was snapped back to reality once someone pushed by him. "Watch it, nerd." The boy said, making Sydney glare at the boy.

"What a dick." She scoffed as they continued walking down to their lockers. As they got the things they needed from their lockers. Sydney spoke up as they walked to class. "Hey, I was thinking that we should hang out tomorrow. Make a horror comic about Sarah Fier." Sydney said and Josh nodded, agreeing with the girls idea. "Speaking about this topic, did you know that one of the victims were Heather." Josh said and Sydney eyes widened. "No fucking way." The girl sighed deeply.

As the day continued all she could think about was how things in her life and this town was getting more hectic.

edited: yes