3

Sydney laid on the couch in the basement as Josh blasted his music, playing his game. Sydney on the other hand was reading the Spider-Man: Clone Saga comic that was gifted to her last night by her mom. Deena was up stairs calling for Josh and Sydney to get the door while she called Sam's hospital room. But the two couldn't hear the older girl over the music.

Josh sang along to the song as he focused on the game. Sydney found herself watching Josh play the game, the two both zoning out in the game.

After a couple minutes Josh had turned down the music and paused the game. "Do you hear that?" Josh asked and the girl furrowed her eyebrows. "Hear what?" She asked and he stayed quiet for a second, hoping to hear whatever it was. "It's the timer." He said. "Oh shit, the pizza. Im starving." Sydney said as they both got up, walking up the stairs.

They walked into the kitchen, running into Deena. "Hey. Pizza ready?" Josh asked. "Oh, that ringing you two heard." Deena said, scoffing as she walked past them. "I have priorities." Josh said with a shrug and Sydney nodded. "He's right. When marvel comics come out, my only priority is to read them. Then re-read it. Then go back to analyze every little detail in the drawings." Sydney said as she helped Deena take the plates to the table. "You're a nerd." Deena nudged the girl and she smiled. "Only when it comes to Marvel comics." Sydney shrugged. "Comics cost money, so why would I read it and never acknowledge it again? That's why re-reading and analyzing makes it worth it- I sound like the English teacher. I'm giving myself a fucking headache." The girl added. She looked over to Deena to see her staring outside of the window.

Sydney looked outside to the a person in a skull mask costume and a knife. She grew uneasy, knowing about the murders that happened and the killer happened to be in a skull mask costume. "Sunnyvale-prick." Deena spat as she walked into the kitchen grabbing a knife.

As Sydney stood there frozen in fear, Josh walked up next to her, now standing in shock. "Holy shit.." Josh said while looking at the person. "Stay here." Deena said as she walked out of the house. They watched Deena, quickly looking back to only see that the person was long gone.

"How is that even possible, we looked away for one second." Sydney spat out of fear. "You're pathetic!" Deena called out as she walked back inside.

After they calmed down, Deena went on the phone to call Kate. As she called Kate, Josh and Sydney sat down at the table and started eating there food. They then found out that Kate and Simon were only a house away from them so the two were coming over.

"I'm not gonna lie...I'm mentally freaking the hell out." Sydney whispered to Josh as Kate and Deena talked while Simon leaned on the door frame. "Why because Simon's here?" Josh asked, whispering back. "No because of this skull mask Sunnyvale asshole." Sydney said. "It's pathetic that we both have a crush on my sister's best friends." Josh whispered back. "It's pathetic that I had a crush on him when I was in a relationship. And I still do." The girl said and Josh shook his head and laughed quietly as they continued to listen to the older teens conversation.

Simon then came in between Josh and Sydney. "You guys need to get some groceries. We have an incredible sale at the store right now." Simon continued, putting his arm over both of their shoulders. Sydney tried hiding the light blush that rushed up to her face.

The two mainly only said hi and bye when they'd see each other in the hallway. So now, this was her chance to actually talk with the boy. "I'll go shopping under one condition." Sydney spoke up as she pursed her lips together, rubbing in her lipgloss that she had recently put back on, after eating. "And what's that?" Simon's raspy voice filled her ears. "Only if you have the newest candy, Starburst Jellybeans." Sydney said with a smile. "We have those." Simon said quickly. "Great, after we find this Sunnyvale jerk, Josh and I will gladly come to buy some." Sydney said. "Deal?" Simon spoke as he held out his hand. "Deal." She smiled while shaking his hand. Josh smiled proudly at his best friend and they fist bumped under the table, trying not to make it obvious.

"He had a knife." Kate's voice brought them back to reality. "Woah! With the kids there? That's wack!" Josh said, dissatisfied with the Sunnyvale idiot. "That's fucking right, Josh. It is wack. Thank you." Kate said and Josh smiled lightly towards the girl, nodding his head. Now Sydney was smiling proudly at her best friend as they fist bumped under the table again.

Before you know it they were all running out of the door, getting into the car.

edited: yes