13

"The witch. The town curse. For one night, Cindy believed that there was a way to end it. So I thought there was too. But now I know...there is no end." Christine finished her story, before the kids could react a loud timer went off, making them jump as Christine got up and turned it off.

"Like I said, your best chance is to run from this place. Go as far as you can, hope a bus doesn't hit you in the way out." Cindy said as the teens stood up. "We doing the body. Off highway five in the woods between Shadyside and Sunnyvale. " Deena said. "It's not possible." The woman said. "Oh, it's there. Trust us. The chains, the bones, the whole thing." Josh said. "That could be anyone." Christine stated. "Why do you think my friends almost died? The same reason why that killed Alice, your sister. The killers came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find, but we found it." Deena explained as the woman paced back and forth. "We found what you were looking for in '78. We found Sarah Fier." Sydney said.

"Look, please, we...Nurse Lane was right. We can end the curse by reuniting the hand with the body. And we know where the body is, so we all need is the hand. What happened up Camp Nightwing? Is the hand bone still there? Is it still buried underneath the Hanging Tree?" Deena asked.

Christine told the teens that it was, with that answer they left almost instantly to the mall, instantly going to the tree and started to dig.

They were all around the tree digging in random areas.

"I never thought I'd be digging for a bone like a fucking dog." Simon said, nearly out of breath. Sydney laughed quietly as she shook her head. "Simon, just look." She said. The boy raised his eyebrows with a smirk. "What you know I'm right." He said lowly, the girl smiled lightly, holding back a laugh. This was supposed to be serious, and somehow Simon was making her laugh like it was nothing.

She just wanted this all to be over, and go back to normal. Even if it meant barely talking to Simon, she wished they had started talking under a better circumstance.

"We found it." Deena's voice was low, but you could hear the relief and excitement in her voice. The teens stopped digging, walking over to Josh and Deena. "Thank god. It was starting to stink." Kate said as she wiped her hands off on her shirt. "But now your shirt might....never mind." Syd said. "Let's go, we need to get this to the body as soon as possible." Deena said and they nodded as they ran towards the car.

Sydney jogged, started slowing down. "I can't do this running shit, I'm lazy and have a currently healing axe back." Sydney said. "Really, Syd?" Simon said as he slowed down with the girl. "Have you ever seen me run at P.E.? I don't think so, you can run with them, I've been running since...well you know. That night." She said and Simon shook his head. "We're sticking together." Simon said as he grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. "You got this, Syd. Just one more night and this will all be over. After this we should celebrate with milkshakes, just me and you." Simon said. "Guys! Hurry!" Deena yelled.

The two sighed as she jogged over to the car, getting in.

Deena drove quickly to the body, they were all yelling whenever she'd swerve or stop roughly. But she slowed down once they got closer, they were all mentally preparing themselves. They all hoped that this went well.

Deena had got out, but before anyone could get out she rushed over to the passenger side, where her brother sat.

"Lock the doors." The girl said. "No, we're coming with you!" Josh said and Deena grabbed her brothers face. "No, you're not." She said. "Deena...your nose is bleeding." Josh said, the girl touched the blood under her nose, examining her finger. She completely dodged the statement her brother made. "I'll be right back." Deena said. "Wait. Deena! Deena!" Josh called out for the girl as she closed the door behind and left.

"Just—lets just stay in here. No splitting off, we need to listen for once. Deena's got this. I believe in her, you all should too." Kate said and they nodded.

After a while the teens all could hear the faint siren noice getting louder.

"Shit. Of course a cop shows up when we're doing something important." Sydney groaned.

I haven't edited this chapter yet.

That'll be fucked if I make Syd die after Simon asked her out....