10

"They're gonna put you to sleep, real soon. Then your friends can come see you tomorrow." Her mom said as she rested her hand on top of her daughter's. Sydney nodded lightly, her eyes barely opened.

"How did this happen?" Her mom asked on a verge of tears. "Mom...I-I told you, it's was a prank that went..went too far. We don't know who the kids were." Sydney said. The teens had planned the story before the cops and ambulance came. Sydney was nearly on her deathbed while trying to remember the story to tell, she was glad that she didn't die, and of course remember the story.

"Sydney, how the hell does a prank include getting stabbed in the back with an ax? That's not a prank, it's murder!" Her mom started getting angry, just the thought that her daughter had been stabbed in the back, and her friend was stabbed in the stomach, this couldn't have been a prank. "I'm not dead though. And maybe the kids are sick in the head. This is Shadyside, mom, don't act like you haven't heard of a case where anyone goes crazy and tries to kill someone. We're lucky that they attempted to kill me and Kate. We're not dead, other people die...I guess we were just lucky." Sydney shrugged, her eyes getting heavy as the doctors walked in.

Sydney had to get surgery on her back, she simply just had to get stitches, and rest. She had found out that Kate was good to go after she had her surgery.

So they were all hoping for the best.

The last thing Sydney had saw before her surgery was her doctor standing over her. She was truly glad that her doctor was the last person she seen because Mrs. Lake was an actual person. When Sydney had read articles about Nightwing, all of his victims were dead. And for her to be a victim that was now alive made her very grateful. So seeing that she was still alive and a doctor was there by her side, helping her, calmed her down.

Now the other teens were worried at the Johnson's residence. They had went over to Deena and Josh's house to see if Sydney was okay, but even though they were the closest to Sydney out of all, the siblings had no idea was she was.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Simon asked, slightly raising his voice. "She hasn't gone into surgery yet because they made her take- fucking drugs to help! I don't know!" Deena was growing stressed too. "Then how did we visit Kate? We were just at the hospital we could have checked on Syd!" Simon added. "Dude, Kate was out of surgery already. And plus it's ten- visiting hours are way over, not only that, Sydney is in surgery right now." Josh explained. "She was axed in the fucking back! Why weren't they faster!" Simon kept questioning the two. "They don't know! We don't know, Simon. We're all clueless!" Sam said.

Simon ran his fingers through his hair in a stressful manner. "Why are you so stressed? You barely even know Sydney!" Deena yelled at the boy. They all grew quiet, Sam quickly nudged her girlfriend. They got quiet all looking around awkwardly. Josh cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Okay, how about we meet up at ten in the morning, tomorrow and we go to see Syd?" He asked and they nodded. "Yeah, we can do that..."  Sam agreed. "And we can pick up Kate." Deena added and Josh nodded. "Yeah..so..."

Short chapter

Edited: no