17

"My arm!" Josh yelled. "Guys come, we gotta help!" Kate said. They all got up, trying to find something to defend themselves with. Ziggy walked over to the cop, taking the gun from his holster. They ran a few feet away from Ruby, who was attacking Josh. "Hurry, please." Sydney worried, watching as the woman aimed the gun.

The gun went off, hitting Ruby right in her head. "Holy shit..." Simon said, taken aback. "That's one." Ziggy said.

Sydney ran over to Josh, getting on her knees as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you're okay." The Sydney said as she rested her head on his head. "Come on. We have to-" Sydney was cut off by the sound of each killer morphing back to themselves.

"We still never found a weapon—that tall one is gonna swallow us whole." Simon yelled. Ziggy was two shots in until there wasn't anymore bullets left for her to shoot. "That's it!" Ziggy was terrified now.

Sydney walked over to the table they were near and took the umbrella off the pole. "I may look stupid, but I'm not going down with a fight." The girl said. Kate and Simon nodded as they went to find weapons. Even though everyone was ready to fight, they were terrified as the killers all charged towards them.

The raised their weapons, ready to fight until they disappear in thin air.

"What happened?" Kate asked with wide eyes. "I don't know, but I'm cool with that." Martin said as he placed his hand over his heart. "She did it." Josh said proudly. "I had three heart attacks in the last few seconds." Simon said as he rested his arm around Sydney's shoulder. "She fucking did it." Josh said again. Sydney smiled over at her best friend as Kate wrapped her arms around Josh. Martin fell to his knees in relief.

"We did it guys." Sydney said as her eyes watered.

━━✶━━

"Come in!" Sydney called as she wrapped her torso up with her new back brace. She pulled her shirt down over it as she turned around to see Simon. "We're almost late, come on." Simon smiled. "What are you doing here?" Sydney asked as she laughed. "Picking you up. Remember, after school we have that date?" Simon said as he raised his eyebrows.

Date? Holy shit.

"Yea, I-I didn't forget." The girl said with a shrug. "Well come on. We're walking." Simon said and she smiled. "I'm coming." She said as grabbed her jacket and backpack. She turned back towards the door to see Simon looking around her room. "You can come in." She said and Simon gulped as he nodded. He walked in slowly as he went over to her bed and sat down. The girl reached over for her shoes, quickly putting them on. "Sorry for being slow. It's just my back and the stupid brace." The girl explained. "No, no, it's fine." Simon said and she smiled up at him.

She stood up slowly, holding back her wince as she looked at Simon. "Ready." She stated as she smiled at him. "Great." The boy smiled as he grabbed her hand as they headed downstairs and out the door.

Not edited: short chapter