4

The teens walked out of the car, going to the hospital. Sydney walked next to Josh as they were behind Deena and Kate, who were walking fast. "Hey, slow down, lover boy!" Simon called from behind Josh as he patted both of his shoulders. Sydney laughed to herself as she trailed back, now noticing the flickering light. "Shitty hospital." She mumbled to herself.

They walked in seeing the lady at the front desk filing her nails. They all stood there waiting for the lady to acknowledge them, but she didn't until Deena rang the bell. Without looking up from her nails she began to speak. "Fill these out and take a seat." She said while slapping the clip board onto the desk. "No, I'm just visiting." Deena said as she pushed the clip board back. "Visiting hours ends at nine." The lady was still filing her nails. Kate cleared her throat as she walked up towards the desk.

"Tell Nurse Beddy she has a patient." Kate spoke, and finally, the lady looked up. The teens stood there waiting after a while. Finally Beddy walked out from the back. "Beddy. Long time, how you been?" Kate asked. "See you're still toting around with this moron." Beddy spoke, looking over at Simon. "She can't quit me, Beddy. I'm too pretty!" Simon said as he held his hands out. Beddy scoffed. "Listen, we need your assistance." Kate said. "I'm sure that you do, but there happens to be a new security protocol. We kept coming up short on blueberries and bananas. So now I need a special key-" Deena cut Beddy off. "I need to see a patient." Deena said.

They stood in the hall watching as Beddy took Deena to Sam's room. Soon Josh spoke up. "Blueberries and bananas?" He asked the two. "Vicodin and Percocet." Kate stated simply. "You want anything from the machine? I'm starving." Kate changed the subject. Kate and Simon walked off as Josh and Sydney stood back for a second. They looked over to each other, Sydney mouthed 'what the fuck' before they both followed after their crushes.

Kate walked over to the vending machine before turning back to Simon. "To, Si-Money. Cash me." She said while holding her hand out. "Don't look at me, dude. I'm...I'm...I'm broke." Simon said while pulling out the inside of his pockets. She then pointed to Sydney. "I'm super broke." Sydney said and shrugged, Kate sighed and pointed to Josh. "You got any change?" Kate asked. Josh slowly looked up. "Oh, um..." the boy said awkwardly as he went through his pockets. "Let me check...um...uh, uh, no." Josh said and Kate crossed her arms.

"But I, um..." Josh said as he walked over to the vending machine, putting in a code making everything fall from the vending machine. He leaned on it and crossed his arms. "What do you want?" He asked and their eyes widened.

"Holy shit." Sydney said as she walked over to the vending machine.

She looked at the empty row, where usually her favorite candy would be. "Great, everyone decided to take a snickers. Fuck them." She said as she grabbed a Milky Way and Twix. "I don't even like Twix." She groaned. Josh picked up the rest of the candy, letting Simon and Kate get the things they want. "Where'd you learn how to do this?" Kate asked. "Oh, a lot of people trade hacks online." Josh said. "Nerd." Simon said quickly. Sydney took a piece of her Twix, throwing it at the boys head. "Hey! What was that for?" Simon laughed. Sydney couldn't resist his smile. "We all heard you weirdo." She called back, while smiling back at the blond haired boy. Josh just smiled over at the girl, appreciating her for sticking up for him even though she didn't have to.

"So, um...when'd you get into the fruit business?" Josh asked and Sydney shook her her slowly, throwing her Twix away. "What?" Kate asked. "I'm...the, uh...drugs." Josh said, Sydney was starting to notice how much her best friend said 'um' and 'uh' a lot when he was nervous. "Oh, that's just temporary. Saving up to get out of here." Kate stated. "Count me in." Sydney mumbled to herself as she focused on unwrapping the Milky Way bar. Simon smiled over at the girl; hearing her.

"Take me with you." Josh said loud enough for all of them to hear. Sydney quickly looked up at her best friend. Everyone got quiet. Simon then whistled raising his finger up then down, making a 'boom' exploding sound, indicating that everything was going good until it wasn't.

Then suddenly someone screamed, making them turn towards the scream. Sam and Deena came rushing out the door, running. "Run!" Deena yelled as the ran past. The four stood there for a second, taken back in confused. "Did they get back together?" Simon asked while looking at the two girls run. Sydney felt stupid for not listening sooner once she saw that same person with the skull mask from earlier run past them.

Simon grabbed Kate's hand, and Josh grabbed Sydney's hand as they ran. They made it to the lobby of the hospital, looking around for the girls. Simon on the other hand was worried about leaving, while he felt around his body for the keys, but he didn't find them.

"Where are the keys? Do you have the keys?" Simon asked Josh. "No!" The boy said, Simon grabbed Kate's arm. "Where..where are the keys?" Simon asked as he looked over to Sydney, she shrugged while panicking.

"Come on. The ambulance." Kate spoke up as they ran for the ambulance trunk. They quickly found one and piled in, before they knew it, Kate was quickly parking it in front of the hospital. Sydney got out of the ambulance and stood out in front of the opened doors, Josh kept telling her to get back in, but she didn't. She was waiting for Deena, Deena was like her big sister and she couldn't leave her behind. So she waited until they were finally outside.

Sydney finally got back in to the ambulance trunk in relief, seeing that the girls were okay. But she panicked as she saw the skull mask guy get back up, but Deena was still standing there as Sam was running towards the truck.

"Deena, Come on!" Everyone repeated, finally she turned around and ran towards the truck and quickly got in. They closed the door quickly. "Go now!" Simon yelled and Kate pulled off quickly.

"Holy fuck! It took you long enough." Sydney sighed deeply as she scratched off her nail polish, it was always something she did when her was nervous or scared.

edited: yes