Ch 12

Lucius left early to talk to Draco at the Malfoy Manor. Father and I are reading in the living room as mama and papa are off doing Merlin knows what. I glance up to see Father staring out in space, ‘I wonder what’s wrong with Father, he’s been off all day’. I sigh, standing up before walking towards the kitchen. Before I enter the Kitchen I look back to see Father still zoned out and hasn’t noticed I have gotten up. With another sigh I go and start to make lunch.  The personal healer is coming Sunday and it’s Tuesday  so I still have time to have everyone settled on when they come over and the house ready. 

I walk into the kitchen to make some of my latest craving, mash potatoes and chocolate. “Hey, son, is everything ok?” I jump only to see Father standing behind me with a look of concern. I nod and go to turn around only for him to stop me and wipe away my tears. ‘When did I start to cry?’ I think to myself, only to have father pull me into his embrace. “Shhh it's ok Hadrian, it’s going to be ok.” I hug him tighter, trying to contain my sobs so I can speak. “Shhh, let it out son, don't hold it in.” At those words, I let everything out. “Do you hate me now? I don’t know what I did wrong but you haven't talked to me at all and are staring into space. What did I do wrong Father, please, I can fix it just tell me what I did wrong!” I flinch a little as he pulls me back arms length only to look up to see tears in his eyes.

“I only wished we had more time together before you and Lucius go together, or even as simple as becoming a grandfather. You did nothing wrong son. I did not realize I was...off, but I was only reflecting on everything that had happened. The old coot is still demanding things from me and there is the problem of who is going to become the next headmaster. I am not fit to be a headmaster but I can see what I can do, so I can get some of the weight off your shoulders. You did absolutely nothing wrong my son, it was I for not seeing that I was hurting you by not talking. For that I am sorry, but you did nothing wrong. Do you understand Hades?” I nod before leaning back into his embrace.

“I hate to break this up but your grandchild found my bladder and I’m hungry!” I hear him chuckle before letting go. “I will make your mash potatoes with chocolate and you go use the loo.” I nod “Thank you Father! Mmmmhmmm can I get some fresh cut strawberries too?” “Ofcourse son, now go use the loo.” I nod before running off to the loo. 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! I appreciate it!!