Bits and Pieces

Things had only gotten worse for Findonesli, the Tigereons were killing off his people and his peoples' food had been taken away. There had been more shootings involving many of his people dead on the ground. On the plus side, a few people escaped to Hululanu's land, but not enough for him to be kicked out of Tigereon. He met another prisoner by the name of Hillaysi, who was around Starlin's age. Her flag had been changed by Tigereon and it looked a lot like Findonesli's but different colors.

"Would you rather... kill me or Findonesli?" Hillaysi asked Starlin.

Starlin looked at her curiously. "You, Findonesli's younger therefore he'll live longer."

Hillaysi squinted. "That logic has many flaws."

Findonesli managed a weak laugh as he sat in the corner of his cell. Hillayai flashed him a smile before continuing to talk to Virland.

"What's the first thing you would do if you got out?" She asked.

Starlin stared wistfully at the ground. "I would see my friend."

Hillaysi leaned forward. "Who?"

"My friend." Starlin laughed. "His name's Azurelan."

"Aww cute." Hillaysi teased as Starlin's cheeks were dusted with red.

Findonesli stood up as Starlin suddenly backed off from where he was standing close to the bars and sunk into the shadows of his cell. Hillaysi did the same, her bright yellow eyes flashing. Findonesli heard footsteps approaching, slowly getting closer. He shrunk back as Tigereon came into view, but his father merely glared at him and passed by. Findonesli watched him, confused as he snapped his fingers before disappearing around the corner. Findonesli suddenly let out a cry as pain that he felt pretty much every day shot like lightning through his body. He fell to the ground, trembling as crumbled to the ground. His heart pounded against his rib cage as another wave of pain racked his body. He curled into a tight ball, his eyes squeezed shut. Eventually, the agony drifted away, but it still left lingering pain. He shuddered, falling limp onto the floor. He heard Hillaysi and Starlin ask him questions but he couldn't find the voice to answer them.

* * *

"There's been attacks along the border."

Hululanu traced her hand across the map on the wall before glancing over at the meeting in place. She wasn't taking part in it, she was just listening in on what they had to say. Virland was next to her, he had been sticking around more often, despite her making him promise to stay out of this.

"We've fought them off so far, but they keep coming. Remember we're under strict orders not to harm any Findonesians." The human that spoke before went on.

"Yeah, because we can totally tell since the Tigereons and the Findonesians look exactly the same." One human muttered to the human next to him.

"You have an issue?" The first human asked sternly.

"No sir." The second answered.

"Have we sent out spies?" Another person piped in.

"Yes, a few have come back. It's chaotic there. There have been many shootings and we need to rescue Findonesli." First human reported.

Hululanu grimaced, Virland tucking his wings closer to himself. She shook her head and walked out of the room. Hululanu stopped as she stepped outside, looking up. She heard a buzzing noise, coming from above. It eventually strengthened to a roar, but she saw nothing.

"Yet." She finished the thought quietly before she spun and ran back inside.

"They're attacking!" She yelled, startling everyone in the room.

Everything soon enveloped into madness as orders were given and people ran around. There was an explosion as she ran to Virland, stumbling a bit at the impact. She shook herself and looked outside. Tigereon was standing at the border as endless planes seemed to emerge from the clouds. Sirens sounded as people shouted out in panic. There were more explosions, the planes attacking mercilessly. Hululanu snatched a gun up from where a dead soldier lay on the ground. She ran at Tigereon, the other shoving at her to keep her back. She loaded the gun and pointed it at him, but another explosion sent her off balance and he slammed into her. Hululanu had the gun held out in front of her sideways and Tigereon pushed her back. She brought up her knee as it collided with his leg. He gave one more shove that sent her falling to the ground. Just as quickly as the planes had come, it soon fell quiet as Tigereon disappeared back into his land. She breathed heavily, her hands shaking slightly. She stood up, still gripping the gun. She turned to see the damage and flinched. Not just dead soldiers laid the ground, just people who had been walking by. Smoke rose from a few fires that blazed upwards and rocks were scattered around. Hululanu felt fury and sadness build up inside her as she spotted a human helping an injured one to their feet. She stormed back to the building she had been in when this whole hell had started. Virland was nowhere to be seen, which Hululanu assumed he left. She spotted a few people from the meeting from before and approached the one who had seemed to have some leadership in the meeting.

"Prepare for an attack. We're retaliating."

The human stared at her with slight shock before he slowly nodded.

* * *

"Tigereon!"

The country looked over, his eyes flashing. The human who spoke paused nervously before going on.

"There's been some concern about the Findonesians escaping."

Tigereon chuckled, soon turning into a loud cackle as he turned to face the human. The human backed up slightly, blinking with a nervous laugh to go along with it.

"You think they have the courage to do that?!" Tigereon's voice rose as he started to walk towards the messenger.

"U-Uh... ma... maybe?"

"If Findonesli knows what's best for him. He'll. Stay. Put." Tigereon snarled, his fist clenching.

"Y-yes sir..." The human muttered before fleeing back to a safer place.

"I'll make sure of it." Tigereon's voice dropped to a low whisper as he pulled the gun out of his belt. "He will not get his freedom."