𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 21

Pal bhar thahar jaao
Dil ye sambhal jaaye

-Agar tum saath ho (Tamasha)
------------------------

"Liam, can we tell them after the divorce?" Zayn says. They were in the car, on thier way to Malik Mansion where the Payne's and Malik's are present as Liam told them to meet them.

Zayn is trying to stop Liam from telling the news to the family. He knows he has no right to stop him, but he will still try.

Zayn remembers every second of what happened yesterday after he received the papers.

FEW HOURS BEFORE

"Liam, you can't do this" Zayn says

"Zayn, I can't hide my feelings anymore. I can't pretend to be in a relationship with you anymore if it was never real. I can't act as if that night didn't happen." Liam tells back, tears already falling.

Zayn brings his hand up to wipe the tears but Liam stops him.

"Don't give me any comfort, when it's not real" Liam snears and goes a bit far from Zayn. Zayn's heart breaks at Liam's broken figure infront of him.

"Liam, this divorce won't do anything. Why can't we just stay as friends? Imagine how good things were before we included these feelings"

"Before? ZAYN, THESE FEELINGS ARE THERE FROM THE TIME I SAW YOU IN THE IRWIN INDUSTRIES FUNCTION! WHEN YOU WERE IN YOUR FIRST YEAR COLLEGE!!! What made you think I will give up on you so easily? I put all my efforts and nothing worked, which is why I am giving up now" and with that Liam goes to his room and closes the door.

CURRENTLY

"Shut up and let me drive peacefully, they should know about this." Liam says. He knows he shouldn't be rude to Zayn, but he can't help it when Zayn is being stubborn and not admitting his feelings for Liam.

After this Zayn kept quiet, silently crying on the inside. He never thought Liam would be rude to him, but what else he can expect? It was all his fault anyway.

When the reached the house, Liam didn't wait for Zayn. He quickly left the car and got to the front door, Zayn trailing behind him.

After greeting and sitting on the table for the dinner, Liam decided this is the time to tell everyone.

"We are getting a divorce" Liam says. And everyone stops. Trisha who was passing the curry, drops it right on the table.

Everyone looks at Zayn, asking him for confirmation.

"Yeah, w-we are taking a divorce" Zayn stutters and Yasir gets up.

"Why are you taking a divorce?" Yasir asks.

"It's not working between us. We have been fighting a lot recently and practically using eachother" Liam says, and Zayn looks at him. He thinks I am using him? Zayn thinks.

"Every couple has fights, that doesn't mean you will go for the worst right away!" Geoff says.

"We were never a couple for the start, it was always as a friendship. And yesterday this friendship broke, so there is no point in being together." Liam says and gets up from his chair and walks out of the door.

Zayn sits there still. All eyes on him. Before anyone could question him, he thanks his mom for the dinner and runs to his old room.

Once he reaches his room, he flops on his bed and cries. Liam's words were playing on his mind like a broken record. Words like 'love, friendship, divorce, relationship, together, broke' were continuously on his mind.

Ali comes and sits down next to him, gently patting his back. Zayn gets up and cries on his shoulder. His brother was always there with him during tough times. This maybe the toughest times Zayn had to go through.

"Now tell me the real reason for the divorce" Ali says.

"H-he loves me"

"That is the reason?"

"N-no, the reason is- I can't g-give him my love"

"And why is that?"

"I want to m-make a career first"

"Oh Zayn, believe me when I tell you this. I can understand. I went through the same thing. It's just we never went through the divorce."

"So like, what happened?"

"I was so busy with being the world's best songwriter, that I forgot about Fawad. He got frustrated from my career that he decided to never talk to me. It took me weeks to notice that I am slowly loosing him. Then one day, he decided to runaway. I read his note, it clearly reflected my ignorance towards him. But your brother didn't win gold medals in running just for loosing Fawad. I ran, ran and ran till I reached Fawad, waiting for his train to come. This was my moment. I confessed my love for him and kissed him in front of everyone. That day I realised, money can bring you happiness, but not more than the happiness love can give you, because the day I confessed my love for him was the day I have been happiest in my life. The feeling I got, when I held hands with him and took him out of the railway station was magical"

"A-am I wrong bhaiya? I love him but car-"

"Zayn, you aren't wrong lil bro. It's a part of life. Where you choose career or love. I am just explaining you that love is a better choice, cause you will have someone who will always support, love and care for you. The money you will get after making a successful career will be wasted on things. But the love you will get, will be invested on new beginnings of life."

"Thanks bhai"

"Welcome bro, make your decision Zayn. I am not forcing you into anything but Liam is a good guy." And with that, Ali leaves him alone.

He goes through all that been said. He thinks about all the moments he lived with Liam and all the happiness be had when he was in them. After what felt like eternity, Zayn made his decision.

"I will bring you back to me Liam, love you." Zayn whispers to himself.
--------------------

Agar tum saath ho
Har gham phisal jaaye

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thoughts on this chapter?
The story is about to end yalll
Ngl I got death threats for the last chapter 💀