𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 22

Hansta rehta hu tujhse mil kar kyu aajkal
Badle badle hain mere tevar kyun aajkal

- Kaisa hua (Kabir Singh)
----------------------------

Zayn sighs, seeing himself waking up to an empty bed on a yet another day. It's been 2 days since they have told thier family about the divorce.

They didn't interfere, thinking it was the couple's issue and partly it was thier fault due to the marriage being as arranged. But they did apologise feeling guilty, thinking they forced them to be in a wedded relationship.

Zayn read the papers. He was thankful that those weren't the papers that was shown in movies where the actors sign and the divorce is completed. Having a divorce is a process, takes a bit time.

From the papers Zayn knew that they had to attend a couple questioning. By the analysis of the questioning, the judge will depend on giving time for the divorce. If the time isn't needed, the divorce will happen then and there.

Today was the questioning. To say Zayn wasn't nervous or scared would be an understatement. He hasn't seen Liam since the past two days. Liam has always been in his "room". Whenever he wanted to eat or come out for work, he would wait for Zayn to be in the hall or his room.

Zayn misses him. A lot, but he can't blame anyone except himself. He said Liam, he doesn't has feelings for him. It took a lot of time to realise that actually he was in love with the buff man.

He gets up, hoping that he would see Liam today as they need to go to the court.

Surprisingly, Zayn hears a knock on his bedroom door. He rushes and opens the door and sees the man who he is willing to see since two days.

Liam doesn't look good at all. He has dark circles under his eyes. He dressed up in his normal suit which would usually be ironed by Zayn, but today it was crinkled. His body looks weak. And his usual happy vibe was turned down dull.

When Zayn saw him, he wanted to cry. Knowing that Liam's condition was because of his words and actions, broke Zayn's heart.

Zayn just wanted to kiss him deeply, cuddle to him and tell him how much he loves him and he was an idiot to say that night didn't mean anything to him.

But being a coward and a bit scared about the outcome, he doesn't do anything but just stands still. He waited for Liam to say something.

"I will be waiting in the car, get ready" Liam says, and starts going downstairs.

"Ok" Zayn mumbles to himself and gets ready for a day that could break him or give him some time to mend himself.

The car ride to the court was disturbing. It was awkwardly silent when both of them had a lot of questions to ask eachother. Wanted to ask how have they been? Did they miss the other? Have the changed the decision about the divorce?

Once they reached, Liam got out of the car not waiting for Zayn and started walking towards the entrance. Zayn being a little behind, caught up with Liam at the right time.

The judge greated them when they sat down on the chair.

"Mr Malik and Mr Payne, this questioning is for knowing about your marriage life so we can help you for your future actions. So we expect you to answer truthfully and sincerely to the questions"

They both nod, giving a silent answer for the judge to continue with the questioning.

"So this marriage was a mistake"

"Yes" both reply at the same time.

"Was drugs or alcohol involved?"

"No, it was an arrange marriage" Zayn answers.

"Is it due to fights and arguments?"

"It was because of one sided love" Liam answers and this time, Zayn turns and look at him. One sided love. He thinks I don't love him....

"Mr Malik?" Judge calls, seeing Zayn who wasn't answering his questions.

"I am sorry, what was the question?"

"Did you approve for the marriage?"

"Yes, I did"

"Were you happy with your decisions at that time?"

"Yes, I am"

"Mr Payne, I request you to step out for a moment" Judge says and Liam looks up.

"Why?" Liam asks, being a little protective. Ok he cares about me Zayn thinks.

"For legal reasons we need to have a word with both of you, individually" with that said, Liam goes out not sparing a glance at Zayn.

"You love him, don't you?" Judge says and Zayn nods, letting a few tears of frustration and sadness.

"Why did you tell him you don't love him then?"

"I was so concentrated with my career that I put myself in a place where I could loose him"

"I am gonna give you some time for you to regain him, hope you make this worth." The Judge says, Zayn smiles at that and thanks him.

Soon Liam is sent in and asked his questions. After that, Zayn is called in.

"After analysing both the sides, I have decided that we will give the both of you a week to rethink your decision" the Judge says.

"Wait, why? Why can't it happen now?" Liam asks, to say Zayn's heart didn't break will be a understatement.

"We can't answer you that, it's our analysis that says you both need time" the Judge says and leaves.

Soon both of them leaves the court and they start to go back home.

"You seem very eager for the divorce" Zayn says when Liam starts the car. He couldn't help but say it to Liam.

Liam stays silent, not answering or reacting at the statement. That is until he parks the car, he speaks up

"You were eager to break my heart too" and with that Liam leaves out the car, leaving Zayn alone.
------------------------------

Kaise hua, kaise hua
Tu itna zaroori kaise hua

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thoughts on this chapter?
I know I am very late but I had corona so sorry 😭
This fanfic will end at chapter 25👩🏾‍🦯