20

The heat from Elena pressed up against me is nice. Her hair gently grazes her eyes. Her hand lay askew on my stomach. I don't want to ruin this moment by leaving,but eventually I will have to. This moment it's like our childhood all over again.

~18~
My father just hit elena. I don't think I'll ever forgive him. I was admitted to a hospital because of the bruises and broken arm he gave me. Sam and I were staying at Elena's house, with her dad. It was 9:00 at night.

I lay on couch bruised and tired. Foot steps walking out from the hall. Elena peeked over the couch.
"Hey." She smiles.

"Hey."

"Can I..."

"Yeah."

She lays down on the inside of the couch next to me. She's careful not to bump my arm.
"Elena..I'm so sorry he did-"
R
She shhed me. "It's okay dean...really"

"No it's not!" Lunging up but not succeeding. Pain echoes through me as Elena helps me back to the laying position.

She presses the left cheek against my chest. I can she the faint black and blue bruise on her eye. The little cut.
I feel the need to wrap my arm around her. It Mae be broken but it still can move.

Her eyes flutter shut. Her hair grazing her eyes. Her hand lay askew on my stomach. Soft snores come from her.
~back~

"Dean." Elena says groggily removing her hand from my chest.

"Hey baby." I say kissing her forehead.