The Confrontation - 5

"Hello, this is Earth Pirapat W. I'm sorry that I can't pick up your call because I might be busy with my acting stuff, please leave a message after a beep, thank-"

          Mix ended the call.

          He sighed as he held both sides of his temples from his left hand. He was currently sat at the long sofa near the windows.

          Apparently, he'd come home yesterday and had spent the rest of the evening, checking out the house- There was one master bedroom, which was a mess, and two other bedrooms on the second floor.

          He occupied the one near the stairs.

          On his way back, he'd bought a few cardboard boxes and now, each and every picture of Earth and White- Even the demolished ones but out of their frames, were in Mix's room.

          He decided to take them off that when Earth came back and looked at the walls, it didn't pain him.

          That would be a different story if he asked Mix to either give him the said pictures or put the okay ones back up.

          Night had fallen by the time he finished and had come down. Before he'd fallen asleep on the long couch, he remembered dialing Earth's number and it going on a voicemail everytime.

          He woke up with sun rays pricking his eyes, even when they were closed, and found emptiness surrounding him.

          To be honest, now Mix was growing worried.

          What if Earth had gotten into an accident and—

          No, no.

          Or what if he was pulled in an alley by few thugs and they st-

          No!

          Stop over thinking Mix!

          Mix shook his head as he told himself in his head and got up from there to go to drink a glass of water.

          Placing the tumbler back after chugging the water down, he had a thought.

          There were two people who could possibly know where Earth was; Clarissa and Bright.

          But he would dial Bright first. Because if Clarissa got the whiff of this situation, it might actually go more bonkers than it was going.

          He bit his lip and breathed out dialing Bright's number.

          He let go of his lip as he pressed the phone against his ear.

          Unconsciously, he gazed out at the lake as the line was ringing with even timing.

          He took in a breath of relief as a hello rang on the other side.

          "Bright, do you know where Earth is? He didn't come home last night."

          No response,

          "Bright?"

          Sigh,

          "He's at my apartment."

*

          Paying the taxi driver, Mix got down and started walking.

          In the short conversation, he had with Bright, he said about how their mom had to go out of town right after Earth's wedding and how his older brother had been here sulking around in his apartment other than going to the gym.