A Visit To The Grand Canyon - 8

"How did you persuade me into this?"

          Mix didn't hear what Earth had said. He had been admiring the view with the window open and the fast flow of the air had cancelled off the noise, due to the car running with swift speed.

          He came back inside, "What did you say?" Earth glanced at Mix.

          Hair, a mess from the blowing wind. Flushed cheeks and nose and a very happy puppy look on his face.

          He looked cu—

          Earth focused back on the road.

          He cleared his throat,

          "Nothing."

          Mix turned around again and,

          "Woooooooooo-hoooooooooo!"

          Mix giggled after shouting his heart out gleefully. Earth pulled the button of Mix's window from his side and it closed.

          "What— Why did you do that?" Mix asked like candy was snatched from the hands of a happy little kid.

          Earth turned on the AC as he said, "You were acting like a kid who has high tendencies to embarrass their parents and that I don't want. Famous actor Earth Pirapat is married to a man who has the mentality of a five year old— No,"

          He shook his head,

          "I do not want to make it to news headlines like that. Ever. Besides, it's too hot."

          Mix pouted, "You're no fun."

          He pulled his legs up, just as Earth nagged, "Put your legs down, this is not my car that I'd let it slip."

          "I have socks on,"

          "Can you please listen to me for once?"

          "Just a few moments ago someone said that I act like a child who has high tendencies to embarrass their parents. Then I might as well live up to it,"

          Earth glared at him as Mix showed him a tongue and looked away, suppressing a mischievous grin.

          Earth sighed and focused back on driving. "Why do I even try?"

          Mix rolled his eyes, "I'm putting on music."

          "No, you can't."

          "Why not? Is there problem in playing music as well?"

          "Yes, it can distract me."

          "That is your problem then! Many people enjoy music while driving!"

          "No,"

          "I'll keep the volume down,"

          "No!"

          Silence fell over them as Mix looked away for a moment. Like a kid, he slowly looked back at Earth,

          "Plea~se?"

          Mix gave a little pout as he tilted his head slightly and poked his finger on Earth's arm, while dragging the E,

          "Na?"

          It took a full moment before Earth finally sighed,

          "Not more than seventy."