Chapter 3.

So you can imagine the striking news of our school now.

"Paul Martinez just got rejected by the new girl"
I mean, I was there and so was she.

I heard everything said and he didn't ask her out.

Okay, my school was just the biggest liar there ever was.
And exactly what I was expecting to happen happened. Before Hazel and I could even think of getting to class, we are stopped by a  depressed looking Elaina and her funny minions.

This was my second encounter with them.

"Hi Hazel." Elaina greets Hazel her fake smile threatening to expose her.

"Hi!" Hazel greets back kindly. Elaina moves her eyes in a way that looks like she's trying to resist an urge to roll her eyes.

well, we were the same page.

"The girls and I have a sleep over tonight. wanna join?"

"No thanks. I will be busy doing my school work." Hazel says back politely. I could tell she was just trying to be polite but apparently Elaina saw it the wrong way.

"Do I look like I'm being sarcastic...?" she asks in a high pitched voice her impatience running off.

I resist to laugh at how miserable she looks. Poor her. She's probably used to taking the spotlight.

Too bad.
Hazel was her threat to the throne now.

"No! You look like you are wearing a smile." I jump into their story and Elaina's attention immediately shifts to me.

well, uups.

"Did I talk to you?" she asks, her eyes burning with venom. "Did I say a fucking word to you?"

I face down, ignoring her completely.

"you're not blind so, you clearly saw that she did." Hazel says to my rescue.

Elaina's mask drops off completely.

"Oh! So now you're defending her?" she laughs bitterly and her minions join in too.

The combination of their evil laugh's sounds like a dying goat.
"Its what friends do." Hazel responds politely again.

"Okay. listen closely Hazel eyes, whatever nonsense you call yourself. I'm the queen B of this school and if you seriously thought you would take my place, then you're wrong." Her venomous eyes that I once envied seem to challenge us to talk back.

I mean, look at her. She was beautiful and all but Hazel could get the noble prize for the most beautiful.

"Okay." Hazel says not caring one bit.

you don't know how much I saluted Hazel for that.

Elaina stares at her with so much hatred.

"you aren't even cute." She says but her tone clearly said otherwise. I could tell she wasn't sure too.

Poor Elaina.

"Okay!" Hazel says again earning a high five from me, in my mind.

She was just the best.

Elaina and her minions stare at her, defeated. "Just stay away from Paul okay. He's mine and only mine. he's my childhood friend and we are meant to be." Elaina says much more like she was hoping she was Paul's girl.

"Then why do you sound like you're trying to convince yourself?" I jump in again mentally slapping myself for that come back.

Her venomous stare meets my innocent one again making me feel like i'm not that ugly after all.