Chapter 22

I know I'm a dick but Jace is worse.

The J Cowell. Although Norman is five percent dumber than his brother.

I should really stop saying this!

I was supposed to be the angry one. The furious one.

The one with the upper hand, the right one but, apparently I was wrong.

"You lied to me." I tell Paul angrily, holding on the kitchen door for safety.
He's been holding me here for too long, I just wish I could stomp my feet on his feet. I wish I was wearing heels actually.

Why did Susan live us alone in here again?

And where was Hilma? Wasn't she feeling guilty enough after she practically preached to me about liars and secrets which she turned out to be?

Ugh.

I move to the fridge, so there's a good distance between Paul and I.

I hate that my heart is beating so fast for him.

I shouldn't be this nervous around him in the first place.

He's a traitor!

A sexy traitor. I shouldn't even be gulping and thinking so far when I look at his well defined body muscles in his tux or his sharp jaw line, or his fine pink lips or his strikingly beautiful ocean eyes...

Or how handsome he looks right now.

Stop!

I shouldn't be doing any of that.

"I thought we were past that." He bickers, his voice hard.

I swallow hard. What was so hard to understand that I didn't want this conversation?

"There's no we. Or us. Or anything." I tell him calmly. "I'm not your type. I can never be like you or at least fit in."

Honestly, I'm only trying to make him understand the truth. There was no way we liked each other.

It takes him at least thirty seconds to react to my pathetic speech.

His lips are on mine before I even close my eyes.

I don't know how he did it.

My mouth is voluntarily open waiting for his tongue to slide in.

I want this so bad. I want him to touch me and kiss me and make me forget everything and he does just that.

You can't kiss him you moron.

My conscious yells.

He lied to you.

He's playing you.

I push him away, placing my hands on both chests but they don't budge.

"Don't fight me." He growls.

If that wasn't sexy enough, I pull myself back to him, placing my lips directly on his.

Electric sparks shoot through me, where his hands touch.

Problem is, he's too hard to resist and that's just my problem.

He pushes me on the counter so I'm the one backing it and our lips meet in a furious pose again.

He groans when I bite on his lip by mistake but he doesn't release me.

He just kisses me with another hungry kiss, capturing and mirroring my body with his hands.

My hands are dizzy and I let them loose, fighting back a moan at the back of my throat.

A sudden explosion in the kitchen causes us to pull away from each other, panting heavily.