Chapter 24

Ps. Errors and typos ahead.

SOLEMN'S POV:

Tatlong araw na magmula ng pumunta kami sa organisasyon nila kaya balik trabaho na naman kami. Nasa office niya kaming dalawa ngayon, nakaupo siya sa swivel chair niya habang nagbabasa ng mga dokumento dahil tambak lang naman ang mga ito sa taas ng mesa niya.

Nakasimangot pa ito ng makita kung gaano kataas ang mga gagawin niya. Kasalanan niya naman dahil tamad siya, hindi naman ako bad influence sa kanya. Dahil narindi ako kanina sa mga reklamo niya, kinuha ko ang kalahating gawain na meron siya at tahimik na naupo sa harap ng mesa ko upang matapos na ito.

Kahit na ako ay meron din namang gagawing ganito knowing na mas malapad pa ang sakop ko kesa sa kanya. Iyon nga lang, naaawa naman ako sa kanya kaya inuuna ko iyong sa kanya.

Ilang minuto pa ay naramdaman ko kaagad ang titig nito pero ipinagsawalang-bahala ko na lamang hanggang hindi na siguro siya nakatiis.

"Dridge, tabi na kasi tayo matulog." Pangungulit nito dahilan para samaan ko ito ng tingin.

He looks at me pitifully which made my mouth twitched, "Bakit ba?" Inis na tanong ko dito at bumalik sa binabasa kong mga dokumento.

"I just want to talk to you." He replied softly.

Napailing ako, "Lagi naman tayong magkasama eh, hindi ka ba nagsasawa sa pagmumukha ko?" Nakasimangot na tanong ko. It was a random question at first but when I notice his silence, I raised my head to look at him.

He was still looking at me but the difference is that he was about to cry. I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to ask him when he beat me to it.

"Are you already tired of being with me?" He asked with a hint of sadness in his voice. His eyes were immediately covered with a layer of mist and his tears keep pooling under his eyes as if about to stream down his face but could not successfully touch the softest part of my heart.

I looked at him softly and beckon him which made him instantly pouted but he still did what I told him. I turn my chair to the side and he squatted in front of me. I smiled faintly at him and caressed his face before kissing him on the lips, our tongues entangled together.

I don't know how many minutes passed until both of us reluctantly drew apart from each other while panting. I still kissed his forehead before looking straight into his eyes.

"Don't ever think about that, I am not tired nor do I treat you as a burden. I love you, babe. That's the truth, I was just joking earlier so I'm sorry if I offended you." I uttered softly which made him blush a little so I smiled because of it.

Napailing ito, "It doesn't matter, it's okay. I love you too, Dridge." He replied childishly and kissed me again.

I patted his head, "Finish your work so that we can go home already, I will going to sleep in your room tonight." I told him which made his face lit up.

"Really?" He exclaimed excitedly which made me nod my head kick him back to his table. Hindi naman ito nagreklamo at masayang nagbasa ng mga dokumento.

Napailing na lamang ako habang may konting ngiti sa mga labi at bumalik na sa aking ginagawa. Pagkatapos namin sa mga gawaing pang-opisina ay kaagad din naman kaming umuwi ng sabay. Nakasalubong pa namin si Manang Ana sa sala at kaagad kami nitong inayang kumain.

Bumalik naman kami sa kanya-kanyang kwarto upang magbihis at kaagad ding bumaba pagkatapos. Sabay kaming kumain sa mesa at kahit mukhang mapait pa rin ang mukha ng ibang mga maids ay hindi ko na lamang pinansin.

Pagkatapos kumain ay bumalik din kami sa kanya-kanya naming kwarto. I entered the bathroom to wash up and wear my pajama. I just brought my tablet with me and entered the room of Sacred.

Kaagad naman itong napatingin sakin at napangiti ng marinig siguro niya ang pagbukas ng pintuan. Sinarado ko ang pinto at kaagad na lumapit dito ngunit nakatutok pa rin ito sa tablet din niya. I sat on the bed and looked at what he is doing, I rolled my eyes when I saw that he was watching that sponge guy with a color yellow body and brown shorts who only have two teeth above his mouth.

I sat next to him and kissed him on the lips first before opening my tablet and working on the things I needed to send to my secretary. This only needs confirmation and review from me so I'm used to it. After a few hours of being silent, I felt a tug on the hem of my shirt so I looked at him questioningly.

"Can I asked you something?" He asked so even though I just nodded casually. "Can you share about your childhood with me?" He asked again which made me stiff.

"You want to know what happened?" I asked clearly which made him nod his head.

I reluctantly looked at him but then again even though I want to forget what happened, I can't. The scars and the things they did will forever stay in my body especially in my mind. I sighed and put down my table before I nod at him.

We put our tablets on the bedside table and lie down together. I made his arm as my pillow while he put his other arm to my waist. I breathe his scent to find comfort and open my mouth to share things about my past.

"When I was a kid, I asked my mom to come with me to an amusement park. I was a hidden child myself because I don't want others to know about me being a child of my parents. Even as a child, I know that I don't want to be a center of attraction to others but that when I decided to go to that place, that was also the time where those people targeted our family. The people who kidnapped me mistaken me for August but it doesn't change the fact that I was important to my parents so when they knew that my dad was searching for me, instead of giving me back, they put me on an experiment. I am just 5 years old but all I thought is the face of my parents and my sister. I thought I was going to die that time because the experiment they did wasn't that simple." I mumbled in with a hint of sadness in my voice and looked up to him.

"What happened next?" He asked in a serious tone which made me flinched a little but he just rubbed my back to comfort me.

Napalunok ako ng laway, "The truth is, my hands and feet were both metals but my upper body to the head is a total flesh of a human. I became a successful experiment of the one who is protecting Suniega now. I don't know why they are finding me again but all I know right now is I am going to kill them myself." I answered coldly in the end.

He rubs his face on my neck and even though I can't see his face, I notice his distress because of what he knows so I just kissed him on the temple.

"I will help you find them all especially Suniega so you could already avenge your sister." He muttered and sighed, "I knew that at first, you are already planning to go because of this but I don't want to let you go. Call me selfish but even though I am quite childish in your eyes, I am still a grown man. I can't let you go on a battle without me." He added which made me shut up.

I don't know how he knew about it but I am glad that he is doing his best to support me. I will be going to do my best to face this with him. I sighed and hugged him tighter before closing my eyes to sleep.