Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lies

Drake's P.O.V*

I sighed as I saw a large group of people get up and leave, a huge mess on the table for me to clean up. I made my way over and began putting the dirty dishes in the bin.

"Hey Drake." Haley said from behind me. I paused and sighed.

"What do you want?" I asked, wanting her to go away.

"You've been avoiding me all week."

"Yeah with good reason."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I don't enjoy you kissing me when you know I'm in a relationship."

"I told you it meant nothing. It was just something I needed to get out of my system."

"I'd like us to stay friends, but you have got to get over this little crush of yours. I don't want to risk losing Hayden because of you."
If Hayden was to find out what happened, who knows how pissed she's be. The last thing she needs is stress. Hayden has doubts about Haley and I don't want that to get any worse.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I promise that it won't happen again."

"We'll see."

My cell began to ring so I wiped my hands clean and took it from my pocket. I looked to see it was Paul calling.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"You own me two hours." He said.

"I said I'll make them up later."

"Make them up today. I don't care if it's at 11:00 tonight. Get the money today."
"Alright, I'll get it done after my shift."
"I'll be expecting you at the hideout. I have something for you too."
"Fine."

Hayden's P.O.V*

Brandon began whining for food as soon as I opened my book to study for my test tomorrow.

"You just ate 20 minutes ago." I said to him as he patted his mouth.

"Hungry." He said.

"I'll get you a juice, okay?"

I put my books aside and forced my way off the couch. I waddled into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I took out a small carton of apple juice and poked the straw through the opening. I walked back into the living room and handed it to Brandon.

"Here." I said.

"Thank you." He said.

I sat back down on the couch and placed my books on my lap. I began reading through the first chapter of economics. Then I felt a sudden pain near my ribs. I instantly knew that one of the babies had lodged themselves under my rib.

"Ow!" I cried out. "Please move." I began to gently press on my side to try to get the baby to move. I guess it's not meant for me to study today.

Drake's P.O.V*

My shift was finally over and I left to get started on my makeup hours. As I was driving I called Hayden to tell her I won't be home for dinner.

"Hey Drake." She answered cheerfully. "On your way home?"
"Actually I'm not going to be home until late. I need to make some extra deliveries."

"Can't they get someone else to do it?"

"I'm afraid not. I'm sorry, it was last minute. But I'll definitely be there tomorrow, okay?"
"Yeah." She sounded sad.