Chapter 26

Chapter 26

History

Drake's P.O.V*

I gasped and looked down at blood that poured out of the wound in my side. The blood poured out like a waterfall. Like a thick red waterfall.

"Drake!" I heard Hayden call, but she sounded like she was miles away. I searched for her and my eyes finally landed on her and her 'double'. "Drake!" She called again as her and her double got closer.

I fell to my knees, my legs suddenly weak. I felt a hand on my arm and I looked to see Hayden kneeling beside me. My vision finally returned to normal, allowing me to see only one of her.

"Stay with me." She said. "Don't close your eyes, not for a second." I saw tears running down her cheeks and it made me sad.

"Don't cry." I said in a low voice. "I'm fine." I lied.

I can feel the life being drained from me, but I don't want to see her cry. I hate seeing her sad.

"You're coming with us." I heard Duke say. Suddenly a tight grip was wrapped around my arm and I was yanked up off the ground. I tripped over my feet as Duke dragged me over to his car. The movement made the wound in my side hurt worse, but I didn't say anything.

"Stop!" I heard Hayden call. Then there was tugging at the back of my shirt. "You can't take him. He needs to go to the hospital."

"He'll be fine." Paul said. "I didn't shoot to kill."

I was pushed inside the back of the car and winced as my wound hurt worse. I saw Hayden standing outside with a sad look on her face, tears streaking her cheeks. I managed to give her a small smile before the car sped off, leaving Hayden standing on the side of the curb.

Hayden's P.O.V*

I watched as Duke drove away with Drake bleeding out in the backseat. I looked at the license plate and quickly memorized the number, hoping they wouldn't change cars. I dialed 911 before I forgot the plate number.

"911 what's your emergency?" A man answered.

"My fiancée was just shot and thrown into the backseat of the car by an escaped prisoner." I quickly explained.

"What's your location?"

I gave them our address and she said there'd be an officer here soon. I brought the kids inside while I waited impatiently. Drake is dying and the police are taking their time getting here. Why can't they hurry?

Finally, the police were here and I explained everything to them. I mentioned Duke's and Paul's names and they instantly believed me. Apparently Duke and Paul made a jail break and they're being searched for. I gave them the license plate number and they said they would run it.

"Don't worry ma'am." One of the officers said. "We're going to find your fiancée."

Drake's P.O.V*

The car jerked to a stop and I was soon pulled out of the backseat. I hit the ground and winced.

"Oh stop being such a baby." Paul said. "You only have one bullet in you. You're lucky I missed the first time."

"I beg to differ. I can hardly stand, my vision is blurring, and blood is pouring out of me."

"Let's do this quick." Duke said, coming to stand in front of me. "You broke your vow. You told about my phone line connection, and my business. When you first joined me, you took a vow never to sell us out."

"I had to do what I needed to for my family."

"Bulls**t." Paul said. "You did it because you're not man enough to take on jail."