Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Life

Hayden's P.O.V*

I sat on the couch and cuddled with Drake. My dad offered to baby-sit the kids so that Drake and I can have some time alone. I admit that I'm less stressed without the kids here.

"You know, we really need to work on money for a TV." I said to Drake, looking at the empty space we left for a TV we don't have. "We need some type of entertainment."

"Why? We have our own entertainment right here." He squeezed me tight and nuzzled my neck, letting out a playful growl. I laughed and tried to get away, sending us both onto the ground.

I landed on top of Drake and looked down at him. He smiled up at me and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

"I'm glad we have this time together." I said. "We hardly have any time for ourselves."
"Well we have plenty of time now. So let's not waste it by talking about not having time."

He reached up and met his lips to mine. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and deepened the kiss. I pulled away when the doorbell rang.

"Why?" Drake groaned.

I got up and straightened up my clothes. I went to the door and answered it. Henry stood before me. I frowned.

"Hi Henry." I greeted him.

"Hello Hayden. I've come to do the monthly inspection."

"Sure, come in."

I let Henry in and saw Drake was still sitting on the floor. When he saw Henry, he sighed and stood up.

"How have you been?" Henry asked Drake.

"Better since I'm not being questioned." Henry nodded. "Can you just get the inspection over with?"

"Alright. I'll only be a moment."

Henry started upstairs first. Drake plopped down on the couch and I sat down beside him.

"He'll only be a minute." I told Drake.

"You have no idea how tired I am of living this way. You don't know what it's like having someone looking over your shoulder and waiting for you to screw up. This is the second time I've needed a parole officer. What kind of example am I setting for our kids? And to be honest, I'm afraid I'll slip up again. But the next time I won't be so lucky."

"You won't slip up again. I trust you. I trust that you'll make the right decisions. Before we know it, Henry will be out of our hair and we'll be able to live our lives normally."

Henry came downstairs and walked into the kitchen. I heard him rummaging through things. Soon he came back in the room.

"It's clean." Henry said. "Keep up the good work."

"Sure." Drake simply answered.

"I'll see myself out."
Henry left us alone again. I looked at Drake and could tell the mood from before was now gone.

"Let's go out and do something." I said, taking his hand and pulling him off the couch.

"Like what?"

"How about a movie? Or we could take a walk. Anything to get out of the house."

"It's too cold outside for a walk. A movie sounds good."

Drake drove us to the movie theatre and bought our tickets. I was in charge of buying the popcorn. We went inside the theatre and found seats at the very top. We sat down and waited for the movie to start.