Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Preparing

Drake's P.O.V*

I'm so glad to be getting another son. I can't wait for father and son bonding time. And twin girls? I already know that it'll be tough dealing with all of the mood swings at times.

"Here's your pictures." The nurse said, handing Hayden a strip of black and white pictures. "Here's a towel for your stomach." Hayden took it and wiped her stomach clean.

"Come in another four weeks?" Hayden asked.

"Yeah. Your appointment is already made. Bye. See you then."

I took Hayden's hand in mine and we left the room. Hayden looked through the pictures.

"I'm so excited. I really wanted a daughter and now we'll have two."

"And two boys." I added.

"We need to think of names and get their room ready."
"Names are easy. But a room is another thing. Your mother's house doesn't have anymore rooms. And Brandon's room isn't big enough for three more babies."

"So what are we going to do?"

"Start looking for a place? We have to move out of your mother's house. There's no room for us anymore."
"But where are we going to find a place that we can afford? We're not exactly the richest, you know."

"Trust me, I know. But we'll have to try anyway. It's the only way."

Once to the car, I buckled Brandon into his car seat. I looked at the empty space beside him and noticed we won't be able to fit three more car seats. It sucks that we'd have to split up the kids if we had to go somewhere together.

I drove us to babies R Us. We most likely won't get anything today, but it's good to have an idea.

"I forgot how fun it is to be pregnant. I love shopping for baby stuff. To bad the babies won't be here right away."

"They'll be here sooner than we think."
We went inside and went straight to the cribs. When we got there, Brandon wanted to get inside one. He held his arms up so I would pick him up.

"You're too old." I told him. "You're a big boy now." He whined.

We looked through the different cribs deciding on the right model and comparing prices.

"I forgot how expensive everything is." Hayden said. "How are we going to afford three of these?"
"We'll figure out something. I'll try to get another job if I have to."

We moved on to car seats which the prices were only a little better. Hayden and I will have to pay for these things out of our pockets. I can already tell this will be a rough year.

Hayden's P.O.V*

After we had an idea of what we may want to get, we left. I didn't realize until now how much money we'll be spending with three babies. When we found out I was pregnant, we were only expecting one. I don't know if there's a history of multiples in my family, but it's definitely not what we expected.

We have to buy things for the triplets and somehow find a house big enough for the six of us. We'll probably go into debt and that's not where I want to be financially.

We got home and found my mother on the couch. I was surprised to see her since she's hardly left her room unless it was to eat. She hasn't gone to work so I figure she was serious when she said she was quitting.

"Hi mom." I greeted her.

"Hi." She had a far away look in her eyes.

She still won't tell me why she suddenly decided to quit her job. Maybe she finally realized she needs to step up and act her age?