Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Life

Drake's P.O.V*

I've never been so nervous in my life. I don't want us to lose these babies. What would it do to our family?

"Good news." Dr. Reynolds said. "The babies are fine." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Then where is the bleeding coming from?" I asked.

"One of the placentas has a small tear."

"Can you fix it?" Hayden asked.

"Just like a cut on the body, it'll heal. But I'll need you on bed rest for a week at the least."

"But I have work and school."

"I'm sorry. But you have to keep off your feet if you want it to heal. It'll only get worse if you don't."

"Okay, then."

"You're free to go."

Hayden wiped her stomach clean and we headed out. I wrapped an around Hayden's shoulders and pulled her close.

"At least we know the babies are okay. And I'm sure Tony will give you a week off."

"But I'll be behind in school."

"You'll catch up. Everything is going to be fine."

"Easy for you to say. You're allowed to move around during the day."

We got home and I forced Hayden to go upstairs and get into bed. She did so with a pout. I made breakfast since we didn't get a chance to eat before we left. After I was finished, I brought it upstairs to Hayden. I found her sitting up in bed with her Calculus book resting on her lap.

"Studying again?" I asked. She looked up at me and smiled. "I fixed breakfast since we haven't eaten."

"That was sweet of you."

"It's the least I could do."

Brandon tried to climb up on to the bed, but I picked him up and sat him on my lap. That way he wouldn't knock over Hayden's breakfast.

"I'm planning on taking Brandon to daycare for the next week." I said.

"Why? I'll be home all day."

"But you're on bed rest."

"I can take care of my son."

"Our son. And I know you can, but it's better if you don't have to get up so much to take care of Brandon. I'm just looking out for the triplets."

"But I'll be here alone. What am I supposed to do all day?"

"You'll figure something out."

The door bell rang and I left Brandon with Hayden. I ran down the stairs and went to answer the door. I was shocked at who I saw.

"Long time no see Drake."

"Paul." I simply said.

Paul worked for Duke. I haven't seen him since Duke was put in jail. Paul was the one to do all of Duke's dirty work.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Duke wants to see you."

"He's in jail."

"They allow visitors."

"What does he want?"

"To talk. He has some unfinished business with you."

"He can't hurt me in a jail."

"He knows that."

What could Duke possibly want? It's been almost a year and he still has a problem with me? He should be more worried about getting out of jail.