Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Here

Drake's P.O.V*

I hate seeing Hayden connected to so many wires. It makes me feel even more nervous.

"Drake, pacing isn't going to make you feel better." Hayden said. I stopped and looked at her. I didn't even realize I was pacing.

"Have you called and anyone yet? I texted Kristie and she's on her way."

"I called my mom and she said that she'd be here in a little while. She said she'd pass the news on to Veronica."

"Good. I guess I'll call my mom and Carson."

While Hayden made her calls, I sat on the couch and leaned back, closing my eyes and resting them. We just got here and I'm already feeling exhausted.

"Hey, I got here as fast as I could." My sister's voice rang. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Where's mom?" I asked her.

"She's on her way." She answered. "How is she?" She couldn't ask Hayden since she's on the phone."

"Okay. She hasn't had a really bad contraction yet. The dr. says that we still have a while. And Darren seems to be breech so they're waiting to see if he'll turn."

"If he doesn't?"

"They'll have to perform a C-Section."

"That sucks."

"Tell me about it."

After a while the hospital room was crowded with people. My mom and sister where here, along with Hayden's parents and Cindy. Kristie and Joey decided to come too. It was a little stuffy with so many people, and Hayden's contractions have been getting worse. With all of the people, there is a lot of noise and for some reason she doesn't like that when she's having a contraction.

"Hi." Dr. Reynolds greeted, coming into the room. "Wow, there's a lot of people."

"Sorry." I apologized. "Everyone wants to be here."

"Understandable. Let's check and see if baby A has turned."

Dr. Reynolds did an ultrasound and everyone was gathered around. It was making me a little frustrated how close everyone was.

"I'm afraid he's still breech. That means we'll have to perform a C-Section."

"Really?" Hayden asked. "Can't you turn him?"

"I'm afraid not. I'll tell them to get the room ready."

Dr. Reynolds left and everyone began to discuss the news. Hayden took my hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze.

"Tell me that everything is going to be fine." She said.

"Everything is going to be fine." I responded.

"The four of us will make it out right?"

"Of course. I trust Dr. Reynolds. You're strong and healthy and I know these babies are too. There's nothing to worry about. Many people have had a C-Section before."

"I know. Just the thought of surgery makes me feel nervous."

"Don't be. You'll be perfectly fine."

"Okay." She took a deep breath.

I hate seeing her scared. But the only thing I can do is reassure her that she's going to be fine.

"Alright Hayden, we're ready for you." Dr. Reynolds said, coming into the room.