CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Lyla's POV:

Major Timeskip:

"It has been a while since I've visited you, Ma and Pop. I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention to you, I confess my family keeps me chained, but it's fine. I love all of them. Callia, Kelli, and Atticus. I--really miss you both," I started to choke on my words, wiping a tear from my eye, "Melanie, Jem, and Scout have been doing fine as well. They all have married and have kids."

"Mel has a wife and two kids, Scout has a husband and a kid, and Jem has a wonderful wife with five kids! Callia thinks that I work too much, he he. I'm just trying to provide for my family. She's just worried about me, just like you guys were. I got a new dog, his name is Dill, because he likes pickles."

"Also after Dill, I do miss him terribly. It was extremely sad that he was lynched just for helping out a poor African American. What has it come to? No one has learned since Tom Robinson, what a shame. I think that I'll visit tomorrow as well, with everyone."

"Even Cal, she's still here! She rotates houses, and we all help her out in any way we can. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye Mama, goodbye Papa."

I set the vase down and stood up, wiping a few stray tears from my eyes.

'Here Lies Atticus Finch.
Loving father, Wonderful Husband, Caring Grandfather.'

'Here Lies Addison Finch,
Fantastic Mother, Doting Wife,
Supportive Grandmother.'

I walk away from them and down the road to the house that we live in. The one with the swing and the tree house.

'It is a sin to kill a mockingbird.'

(This is my last chapter on this book! I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did!)