THIRTEEN - REVELATION

GIYUU'S POV

"Rin!" I knelt down and tried to feel his pulse, it was steady but faster than what it should have been. He had probably lost his consciousness due to the brutal scene before us. In any case I couldn't let him be a casualty. If he stayed beside me, it would only be harder for me to fight freely. I lifted him up easily and tried to walk back the way we had come. I would just make sure he was safe near one of the other houses and then I'd come back in for the demon.

As I retraced my steps, I heard a strange noise and suddenly I was in front of the room with the dead children again. I heard a small scream and I looked back just in time to see Rin's head hit the floor. Again. What was going on? I lifted him up and walked faster to get him out of the house as soon as possible, and suddenly I was opening the door to the same room. The same events kept replaying. Was this the demon's doing? What was going on! As I saw Rin's head hit the ground for the fourth time, I realized I had to break the cycle.

This time, instead of trying to walk out of the house, I made Rin lean on the wall outside the room, and walked further into the house myself. Sure enough, nothing happened. Was the demon trying to lure me to him? I opened another door, further ahead in the corridor. It was the same view as before. Two other kids, with disfigured bodies. I shut the door, hoping these weren't Rin's friends. I really hoped they were still alive for Rin's sake. It was cruel to hurt kids this way, to hurt anyone this way.

I recalled the red haired boy's face when I had tried to kill his sister, who had been turned into a demon. He would have done anything to save her. It seemed cruel to involve children in the brutalities of this era. They already endured enough having to lose parents and families. I remembered Tsutako's face looking into mine. She used to tell me to always protect others, even without being asked. But I couldn't do anything when she needed me the most. She died the day before she was about to be married to the person she loved most. All while trying to save me from a demon...

What was I doing thinking about the past at a time like this? I was standing in front of a long flight of stairs. All I should be doing now is thinking about how to kill the demon that had made its residence here. I started walking up the stairs with my hand on the hilt of my sword. The stairs creaked loudly under my feet even though I was walking up in the stealthiest manner possible. As I neared the top, I was about to pull my sword out to keep it ready, but I heard that strange sound again and I was back at the bottom of the stairs.

It was really frustrating. I tried running up the stairs but to no avail. I was back at the bottom. When I was about to try to reach the top in a single leap, I saw a figure walk out of the shadows and lean against the banister on the level I was trying to reach. I couldn't make out if it was a human or something else. It spoke up, "Are you a hashira?" The voice sounded like a child's. The figure walked out of the shadows and I could now see that it was only a little girl. However, she wasn't remotely human.

She wore a white full sleeved shirt under a red dress and her hair was tied in two pigtails with a red bow on each. She looked no older than seven. "So, are you a hashira? Why are you here? Do you want to play with me? If not, I might have to kill you. Well, it all depends on whether you are a hashira or not though. If you are, then I will have to kill you." This was worse than I thought. The demon in front of me was the youngest demon I had ever met, and it wanted to play? Did Muzan turn her by mistake? "I... am Giyuu Tomioka." The demon looked confused. "I don't know you. Do you know my daddy?"

Her...what? Does she remember her family? When humans were turned into demons, they usually retained no memories of their families. They would kill even the people closest to them. I had assumed she had just killed her family and made their house her domain. If she was asking about her parents, she couldn't have been the one to kill them, could she? "Who are you?" I tried asking. "Me? That isn't important. You still haven't answered my question. Are you a hashira?" She started walking down the stairs. Her face was now clearly visible. She had horns on her head and her eyes... they were covered by her bangs.

"Do you want to join me in a game of hide and seek? I was playing with two other children my age. However, if you want to join us, you can." She walked past me towards one of the rooms I had not entered before. She sang "I know you can hear me, open up the door, I only want to play a little." She made a pushing motion with her hands and the door blasted open. "You can't keep me waiting, it's already too late, for you to try and run away." I heard the screams of two kids and I ran to the room. The girl made a snapping motion with her fingers and I was back at the bottom of the staircase. The two children tried to run out of the room towards me. "Where is it you're going? Do you think you've won? Our game of hide and seek has just begun."

She made a pulling motion with her hand and one of the kids, the boy, was pulled back towards her. His pupils dilated in terror and the demon spoke again, "Looks like I have caught you, pay the consequence." She closed her hands into a fist and the boy stopped moving and crumpled to the ground. "If you don't play with me, I will kill you. When daddy turned me, he promised me that if I could be a good girl, he would give me a place in his best demon soldier ranks. He said I had the potential. Playing soldiers is more fun that playing hide and seek with only kids." I was rendered speechless for a moment. Tanjirou had told us that Muzan was living in Tokyo with a human family of his own. Was this girl... Muzan's daughter?

A/N

Guysss! The song I used in this chapter is called 'Hide and Seek'. I've attached the YouTube video as the header so y'all can try it out :)

Don't forget to vote and comment! (If you like the story)