chapter six.

THE TWO boys were still sitting like that when Kate walks in as they were watching tv, well Simon was watching tv, Marcus was more focused on his hand in his own. She steps before the tv, gesturing to the pile of laundry. "What happened to sorting this?" She says making both teenage boys look up at her.

She pours out the laundry basket full of clothes, "lights and darks, and watch for stray socks." He says as she sets the basket. "Remind me what's in it for us again?" Simon says and Marcus rolls his eyes, standing up. "Nope." Kate refuses, her hands on her hips as Marcus moves to the side before reaching for the laundry.

Simon gets up, unzipping his jacket as Kate glanced down. "Jesus, are you still wearing the same clothes from last night? Did you wear that to Marcus' place?" Kate says and Marcus glanced up. "My parents literally wouldn't have cared..." He says and Simon looks down.

"This was all I had in the car." Simon defends himself as he throws down his hoodie. "So, yes, yes I am." He says as Kate's beeper went off, looking down to read it. "That's disgusting. You're disgusting." She smiles passive aggressively before walking away.

Simon then takes off his shirt, tossing it to the side before plopping down next to Marcus, sitting really close to him making Marcus glance at him with a look on his face. "I'm hungry, you hungry?" He says and Marcus furrows his brows. "But Kate said--" "I'm hungry." Simon repeated before he got up from the couch.

Marcus sighed but got up to follow the boy anyway, smiling at the two girls Kate was babysitting who barely glance his way. He looks at Simon stuffing his face with popcorn as Kate walks in. "Jesus! Put something on." She says and Simon looks over at her.

"What? Make up your mind, woman!" He says and Marcus looks at him. "Dude, you're literally half-naked in front of little girls..." He says and Simon glanced at him, just then, the window in the livingroom got smashed, making them all turn their heads. Marcus looks at the two girls. "I-I'll check that out... you guys stay here, don't move." He tells them, glancing at Kate as well before leaving the dining room.

He notices Kate and Simon following them so he turns to look back at them. "I told you guys to stay with them. One of you should stay with the girls." He whispers and Kate looks at Simon who just shook his head quickly.

"Fine... I will, shout for me if something happens, I'll stay with the girls..." She says and Marcus nods. "I'll be right back." He tells her and continued on down the hall towards the livingroom with Simon behind him.

The front door was wide open, the window next to it was smashed and whoever broke in was in the livingroom. "Maybe this isn't a good id--" Simon starts, grabbing Marcus' arm gently but the other shushed him quickly. In the livingroom, the guy was going through the clothes on the couch and on the coffee table.

"Dude," Marcus stepped out, catching the person's attention, it was a guy in a skull mask and Simon grabs him, pulling him back. "Are you crazy?" Simon asked quietly and Marcus grimaced. "It's just some weirdo in a costume..." He says before looking over again, only to see that the guy was gone now.

Marcus approached the way the intruder had gone out through, before quickly closing it and closing the front door but then looked at the broken window. "Kate, we have to go!" He shouts, walking over to the dining room with Simon following behind.

"What? Why?" She says and he pointed, "the window by the door is smashed. It's not safe for the kids..." He whispers and Kate sighs. "It's that Sunnyvale asshole... Peter? Girls, come on," she nods, grabbing all of their stuff and putting things away before they leave.

They had taken the two girls to a neighbour's house, Mrs. Lane's house as Simon and Marcus stood down on the sidewalk, looking around. Mrs. Lane then looks at Simon and Marcus. "Dude," Marcus whispers when Kate glanced back at them so Simon hurriedly zips up his hoodie, realizing she probably noticed his shirt having blood stains on it.

At Deena's place, Simon drags Marcus with him to the kitchen as Marcus tries to listen to what Deena and Kate were saying. "He was acting all shifty and shit. Like going through the laundry." Simon says, peering out and Marcus goes to stand at the doorway as well.

"You need to get some groceries, man." Simon says, his arm around Josh, Deena's younger brother. "We have an incredible sale at the store--" "He broke into the house." Marcus cuts off Simon, looking at Kate and Deena. "He even had a knife!" He added.

"Whoa! With the kids there? That's wack!" Josh says and Marcus glanced over as did Kate. "That's fucking right, Josh. It is wack. Thank you." She says before looking at Deena. "There were kids there. Okay, and what? He thinks just cause he's balling Sam, he can come here and prank us on our own turf." She walks towards Deena, switching sides again with her.

"Hey, you know what? You're right. Fuck this. Fuck Peter." Deena says as she turns around to face Kate. "Hello? Don't forget the most important part. Fuck Sam." Kate says and Marcus raised his brows, looking away. "Yeah, fuck her. She needs to get her psycho boyfriend in check." She turns around.

She walks over, grabbing a set of keys off the table and Simon gets up. "Oh!" He pats Josh as he runs off after Deena with Marcus, swinging his arm over Marcus' shoulders. "You coming or what?" Kate had asked Josh.

And that ended up with Marcus having to sit between Josh and Simon in the back seat as Kate was in the passenger seat while Deena was driving. "Where are we going?" Marcus asked quietly. "The hospital, where else? That's where Sam is." Kate says and Marcus nods slowly then realized Simon's hand on his thigh so he rolls his eyes before pushing it off.

AUTHORS NOTE

still gonna add simon going
to ruby lane and calling her hot
because i fully believe he is
bisexual, like you can't
tell me he isn't.