chapter ten.

KATE WAS sitting up front with Marcus, "that was a bust!" She says, glancing at Marcus. "Yeah, maybe because it's not like the movies, okay? It's not as easy as putting bones to rest!" Deena says, grabbing a gauze for Sam to apply to a wound she had gotten from the killer swinging his axe at her and grazing her.

"It should've worked. It always works!" Simon says and Marcus glanced at Kate. "Maybe it's her missing hand." Josh says. "Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter. Hey, how do I not die?" Kate exclaimed. "We! How do we not die?" Simon says and Marcus sighs loudly, visibly stressed as he was driving fast down the road.

"And I'm looking at you, witch nerd!" Simon says, pointing at Josh. "I... I don't know!" The boy stammered. "They're not coming for us!" Sam stops their yelling and panic, causing them to look at her. "They're coming for me." She says and Marcus' brows furrow.

"What?" Deena says and Sam looks at her. "I saw her again... The witch. She... I disturbed her grave. She wants me." Sam says and Josh looks at her. "Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Nightwing ran right by me. I jumped out of his way, it was like he didn't even see me. He went for her." Josh said as he gestured towards Sam.

"Guys, no! Ruby attacked Simon. Skull Mask came after us at home. And while you guys were babysitting!" Deena says and Marcus scoffed softly, slowing down before he stops the ambulance on the side of the road. "No, he didn't." He says as he goes into the back, walking over to Simon. "Skull Mask didn't care about us. He wanted this. Sam's blood." Marcus explains as he unzipped Simon's hoodie.

Simon looks up at him, "he's right." Kate says as she comes into the back as well. "What the fu..." "Yeah! From the crash when Sam puked period! It's Jaws, dude! A shark smelling blood! Mar's right! When we found Skeletor, he was all sniffy and weird with my shirt like a perv in a pantie shop!" Simon exclaimed.

"Yeah, but he came to our house too!" Deena says and Kate looks at her. "Deena..." She says and the curly haired girl looks at her so she simply glanced down at her shoes. Deena looks down, and sure enough they're the shoes she wore at the night of the crash as well.

Covered in Sam's blood.

"Sam bled on her bones, now the witch wants more of her blood!" Simon exclaimed at them. "Okay, so what do they do in Jaws?" Sam says, looking at Simon as Kate looks at her. "Well, I'm pretty sure they didn't go skinny-dipping with the goddamn bait." She tells her.

"She's not bait!" Deena defends Sam pretty quickly and Marcus glanced at Simon. "Yeah, she is." Josh says making Deena immediately look at him. "Seriously, if we're right and they're after her... let's give these assholes what they want." Josh says and Marcus raised his brows, kind of taken back by his words.

On the drive to the school, Josh explained in detail what their plan was. And when they got there, they got to work, first with getting clothes from the lost and found. "Alright, we have to decontaminate. You can't have any of Sam's blood on you." Josh says as they dig through the lost and found box Simon brought to them. "Well, not much I can do about that." Sam says with her arms crossed.

When the girl walks away, Deena gets up to follow after her. "Deena, you have to get clean too! Not a single drop, okay?" Josh shouts to his sister who just barely glanced back, continuing to follow after her ex-girlfriend.

"Rub-a-dub-dub time." Simon says, kicking the door open as Marcus walks in after him. But Josh doesn't follow them, he chuckles, walking over to the counter where he set down the clothes that he took. At some point, Marcus realized Simon was humming so he glanced at him. "Oh, what?" The other says, looking back at him and Marcus quickly looked away.

"Nothing..." He says, wiping himself clean as Simon smiled faintly. "Want me to get your back?" He asked as a joke and Marcus glanced over. "Sure..." He says but then became nervous when Simon just stared back at him. Simon walked over and Marcus turned around, fidgeting with the hem of his pants. Simon checks, touching Marcus' waist as he did so, not seeing any spots of blood, but couldn't help checking out the other more longer.

"Si?" He turned around and Simon glanced up at him. "Yeah?" He says, his hands going to Marcus' waist. The dark haired boy stared at the blond haired boy before him before he leaned in, kissing the other. Simon kisses back as his arms go around Marcus' waist, pulling him closer. "Si, Si, wait, wait," Marcus whispered quickly when he felt the other's hands go down to the waistband of his pants.

"Yeah, what?" Simon whispers back, raising his hand up to Marcus' face and the other sighed softly. "I... I really like you, okay? And you better not actually be fucking around... for-for the sex or whatever..." He says and Simon shakes his head slowly. "I've always liked you, Mar... why else did you think I bothered to annoy you so much?" He says and Marcus softly chuckled, his face beginning to feel warm.

"Now come here and kiss me." Simon smiled, leaning in closer and closer. "Yeah but we should finish getting ready..." Marcus whispered, his hand covering Simon's mouth. "Give me one more kiss then," the blond boy says but it comes out muffled. Marcus rolled his eyes, smiling faintly before pulling his hand back. He leans in once more, giving him a kiss.

He pulls back a bit, staring into Simon's eyes before he pushed the other's face away. "Come on. Let's finish getting dressed." Marcus chuckled, grabbing the clothes he had grabbed from the lost and found.

It was just a long sleeved black shirt and a pair of sweatpants that had their school logo on them. He also even grabbed a pair of converse that were at the bottom of the blue bin. Once both boys are completely dressed, Simon put his arms around Marcus' waist while the other was on the way out, pulling him closer. "Si," Marcus chuckled, leaning into his hug anyway.

"Come on... they can wait." Simon whispered and kissed his neck, keeping his arms there but then a distant loud noise interrupted them, Simon slowly looking up. "You think that's them?" Simon whispered to the boy in his arms. "That or someone who saw us coming in here who got someone else to bust us." Marcus sighed, grabbing onto Simon's hands that were resting over his stomach.

"Come on, let's go, pretty boy."

"Oh, so now I'm pretty boy?"

AUTHORS NOTE
the only reason why marcus keeps bringing up being used by simon for sex or like as a joke is because he has trust issues (bc of his dumb parents) that's why he holds back a lot whenever they are together and then he'll just have more ptsd seeing simon die lol.
how fun is that? 😀😀😀