chapter twelve.

WHEN SAM is out in the hall, Marcus was kneeling down by Josh, looking at the articles. "Let me go! Let me go!" She kept saying, "let me..." She looks over to Josh and Marcus. "Help me! Help!" She says and Marcus looks down, grabbing one of the articles.

"We're letting her die! We're killing her! Please!" Deena is now sobbing and Marcus begins hitting Josh's arm, "hey, hey, do you know what this means?" He showed him the article about the Camp Nightwing massacre. "Th-the girl, she... she survived it, right?" He says and Josh grabs the paper, looking at it then up at Deena still being held back by Simon.

"Get Sam!" Josh stood up and Marcus ran over to the door, opening it quickly. Simon lets Deena go as she rushed to grab Sam, Marcus quickly shutting the door right after. "What... what... what is going on?" Sam asked as she looked around the room. "You're not doing this alone." Deena tells her. "What?"

"There's another way. Marcus helped me figure it out..." He says as Marcus just stayed leaning against the door. "C. Berman. She's the key." Josh explained to her. "Camp Nightwing. Summer of '78. Group of campers, brutal massacre." By now, Simon was helping Marcus try to keep the door closed.

"There was one Shadyside survivor, C. Berman." Josh says. "The still traumatized girl claims that amidst the carnage she saw the witch." Sam glanced up at Josh. "Yeah, just like you. So, if she survived, I'm pretty sure--" "There may be a way for me to live too." Sam cuts off Josh, looking at the article.

"I got it! C. Berman! 9006 Brennan Way. This has gotta be her!" Kate shouts as Deena runs over to the phone. "Uh, 155-4747!" She now tells her the number. "No one's answering!" Deena says, sounding annoyed. Marcus flinched when the door is nearly opened, "fuck."

"We need some help here!" Simon shouts. "No one's there!" Deena says, "hello, my name is Deena Johnson. I think you saw the witch." Marcus gasped when the axe now hits through the door, backing away. "This shit is not gonna hold!" Simon shouts, turning his head away from the hole in the wooden door.

"We need to know how you survived!"

"Hey! We're being attacked, alright? There are killers here!" Josh says, grabbing the phone and pulling it close to him. "If you're there, please pick up! Please answer!" Deena shouted and just then, the hand of the killer reached out and grabbed Marcus as he screams.

"Fuck!" He shouted, grabbing Simon and Kate who immediately started pulling him. At first, the killer had his hand on his throat and then raised it up to his hair, grabbing a fistful of it. "Help! Help!" Marcus was ultimately panicking now then the killer began slamming his head against the door when Josh runs over to them, stabbing the killer on the hand.

When he lets go, Marcus immediately rushed to Simon, wrapping his arms around his waist. Simon pushed him over to the other way, but stayed there by the door. "Si--" "No, stay out of the way, Mar. I got it." Simon says, pushing him away and Marcus just stared at him with a confused look on his face.

Why is he always pushing him out of danger's way when he wants to stick by his side and fight back with him? "C. Berman was found in the woods. Her heart had stopped but her best friend performed CPR." Marcus looked over at Sam and Deena looking at the article.

"What if this is it? What if that's how she survived? Her heart stopped. She survived by dying." Sam says and Deena looks at her. "What is it? The fucking rhyme. The fucking rhyme!" Deena looks over at Josh, Simon and Kate before looking at Marcus who tensed. "She'll take your blood, she-she'll take your head, she'll follow you until you're dead." He says.

"It's just like Kate said. Okay? The witch wants you dead. So... we kill you." Deena says, looking at Sam as Marcus looked over at the others. "And then, just like this C. Berman bitch, we bring you back to life." She explained.

"What are you saying?"

"Fuck it. I'm dying tonight one way or another. Let's try to bring me back." Sam says, looking at Deena. And just like that, the whole group all leave through the wall that Marcus had opened. Sam and Deena go first then Marcus looked back, rushing Josh and Kate next. "You go!" Simon whispered, making him go out the window first and then Marcus waits for him before grabbing his hand and running with him.

In the ambulance, Simon was the last one in as usual and Marcus didn't drive this time, Kate did as he sat in the back beside Sam. Simon shut the doors and turned towards them. "Let's Timothy this bitch!" He says and then Kate drove off as Simon sits down beside Marcus. "Are you okay?" He brings his hand up to where the killer had grabbed him by his hair.

Marcus felt flustered by this touch so suddenly. He hadn't realized he meant a lot to Simon, sure, they kiss and hold hands, but anyone can do that and not mean any of it... as in liars. But Simon isn't lying or pretending. He realizes that now and his heart feels content.

"Y-Yeah..." Marcus quickly nods as he responds in a whisper. Despite that, Simon reached up and caressed the boy's head gently, massaging his scalp. For a moment, Marcus felt safe and a little bit better, leaning against him. He closed his eyes, sighing softly when he felt Simon kiss the top of his head then his temple. As they go over what to do next, Marcus literally forgets what they were going through as he had gotten lost in the safety of Simon's arms and realized they were still running away from killers.

AUTHORS NOTE
i'm not ready to write... yk
that scene 🙁🙁🙁